Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Wow this is cool

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

So the Attorney General of the State of Massachusetts witnesses an assault and battery on the street and walks away. No juridiction in DC of course, but would you at least call the police, being the top law enforcement official of a State?

This could be the end of her political career, what say you? Happened last night:

The assailant is believed to be a cat named Mike Meehan.

g8CdfQGlgVw

certainly the mob of reporters and a relatively minor incident caught on tape should NOT have given her any expectation that her call was unneccessary.

two guys in suits tussling in front of a media barrage is every bit as critical as a back alley mugging that you happen to witness,

failure to call the police should result in her losing her job,

no doubt.

Why was she in DC??? Shouldn't she be like, campaigning???

Was the "thug" a body guard??? Was the reporter too aggressive? If the reporter wants to, he could cause serious damage to the campaign, whether he was in the wrong or in the right.

View Postcertainly the mob of reporters and a relatively minor incident caught on tape should NOT have given her any expectation that her call was unneccessary.

two guys in suits tussling in front of a media barrage is every bit as critical as a back alley mugging that you happen to witness,

failure to call the police should result in her losing her job,

no doubt.

I am cool with that.

If you saw this and lived in Mass, would you vote for a person like that?

View Posthonestly I can't tell what happened in that video.

either could I, one things for sure....A women on a dimly lit street should have some protective measures.......

I still don't want her to win though

To be fair to Coakley, the reporter should have had his credentials out. He deserved to be intercepted and questioned about his press status.

He did not deserve to be shoved down to the ground though and this picture is not going to help her bid. attachment.php?attachmentid=316966&d=126

My opinion here is if she stopped and at least showed a bit of concern for someone who just hit the deck she could have scored major points but she kept walking.

Gotta the love the audio, just after bodyguard pushed the reporter to the ground he starts asking him if he is OK as he shoves him some more. That's a nice touchcwm27.gif

View Post

My opinion here is if she stopped and at least showed a bit of concern for someone who just hit the deck she could have scored major points but she kept walking.

what would you tell your mom to do if a fight breaks out on the street next to her?

this is two guys in suits in a shoving match,

not a beat down with weapons.

We Report, We Get Pushed

Video: Someone with the Coakley campaign shoves WEEKLY STANDARD reporter outside of a Capitol Hill fundraiser.

SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:'We Report, We Get Pushed', url:'http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-someone-coakley-campaign-pushes-me-metal-railing', icon:'/sites/all/themes/weeklystandard/images/sharethis.png' }, {button:true} ); ShareThis

8:59 PM, Jan 12, 2010 · BY John McCormack

Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Martha Coakley attended a fundraiser at the Capitol Hill restaurant Sonoma tonight. After the event concluded, Coakley took two questions from the media but declined to say whether or not she stands by her statement at last night's debate that there aren't any terrorists in Afghanistan (and that they've all gone to Pakistan or Yemen).

After taking a question from a CNN reporter on the street outside the restaurant, I asked her:

TWS: Attorney General Coakley, you said last night that there are no terrorists in Afghanistan--that they're all in Yemen and Pakistan. Do you stand by that remark?

COAKLEY: I'm sorry, did someone else have a question?

GRIFF JENKINS, Fox News: I did. Why are you in Washington tonight?

COAKLEY: We planned an event after the primary that would be a unity event in Washington. We're also in the middle of a very intense campaign [...]

After Coakley finished her answer, she began walking away from the restaurant, and I walked behind her asking why health care industry lobbyists were supporting her at the fundraiser. She didn't reply.

As I walked down the street, a man who appeared to be associated with the Coakley campaign pushed me into a freestanding metal railing. I ended up on the sidewalk. I was fine. He helped me up from the ground, but kept pushing up against me, blocking my path toward Coakley down the street.

He asked if I was with the media, and I told him I work for THE WEEKLY STANDARD. When I asked him who he worked for he replied, "I work for me." He demanded to see my credentials, and even though it was a public street, I showed them to him.

I eventually got around him and met up with the attorney general halfway down the block.

"Attorney General, could I ask you a question please?" I said. "We're done, thanks," Coakley replied. She walked back toward the restaurant, apparently searching for her car. She remained silent as I (politely) repeated my question.

Coakley staffers told me they didn't know who the man was who pushed me, though by every indication he was somehow connected to the campaign.

Update:

Assailant Was a Coakley Staffer on Loan from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee?

Or just a really good lookalike?

SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:'Assailant Was a Coakley Staffer on Loan from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee?', url:'http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/assailant-was-coakley-staffer-loan-democratic-senatorial-campaign-committee', icon:'/sites/all/themes/weeklystandard/images/sharethis.png' }, {button:true} ); ShareThis

2:15 AM, Jan 13, 2010 · BY John McCormack

A tipster tells me that the man who was pushing me outside of a Capitol Hill fundraiser Tuesday night for Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Martha Coakley is Michael Meehan.

Meehan heads up a firm called Blue Line Strategic Communications along with his partner David DiMartino, who was outside the fundraiser with Coakley tonight and introduced himself to me there. The AP reported on Monday that Meehan is also working for Coakley: "The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee also dispatched Michael Meehan, a media consultant with ties to Massachusetts, to assist the Coakley camp with messaging."

Though I can't say with 100 percent certainty, I think that Meehan is the man who shoved me into a metal railing Tuesday night. You can get the best look at him at about the

" target="_blank"> 30-second mark of this video, and in this AP photo:

CoakleyFundraiser.img_assist_custom-640xCoakley Fundraiser: AP

(Martha Coakley, left, looks on as the alleged aggressor Meehan approaches me to help me up after he knocked me down. Note the large tear in the bottom of my right pant leg.)

Compare that photo with these two images of Meehan that I found online:

meehan1.jpg

Michael%20Meehan%20Blue%20Line%20Strateg

Hopefully we'll be able to confirm in the morning whether or not Meehan was the aggressor. Below the fold is a list from LinkedIn of Meehan's prior work experience, which includes work for John Kerry, Maria Cantwell, NARAL, the DNC, and the Dukakis/Bentsen campaign.

View Postwhat would you tell your mom to do if a fight breaks out on the street next to her?

this is two guys in suits in a shoving match,

not a beat down with weapons.

First things first. A shoving match??

from the video the reporter wanted nothing physically to do with the body guard. I saw only one aggressor unless you can show me where the reporter was getting physical.