Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zimmy

I want to make a plug bag, anyone ever do it?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I have an army bag, like a mini backpack that I put tubes in and use it to hold plugs. It's a bonus that I can wear it like a backpack so it stays out of the way. It's really nice heavy material too with no metal on it.

I made one out of a used, old lunch bag (the insulated type).

Go to Home Depot and get plumbing pipes large enough to fit your biggest plug in (or empty Poland Spring bottles or empty tennis ball containers), cut to the height of the lunch bag.

Use a thick plastic sheet (cut to the dimensions of the bag) to put down on the bottom, cut holes for drainage and glue the PVC pipe sections to it (mine fit 10) making sure the drainage holes are not covered.

I used this bag for 2 seasons before it finally broke.

I am not really thinking of taking a preexisting bag and putting tubes in it. I am looking to cut sail cloth, put in grommets etc...

Crocheting could be good. Maybe I'll buy a spool of dacron and give it a try. If it doesn't work for a plug bag, it should make a nice doily.

I made my own plug bag once. I bought some sturdy cotton material, borrowed a sewing machine and went to town. I love the bag but it took WAY too long to make and by the time I finished I had way more time invested than I planned when I started.

But it is nice to have the bag that's exactly the way you wanted. And I do like the fact that I made it myself.

How about a bandolier type with clear plastic. Put some kind of track on so it spins around your waist. If I were to make it, I'd attach a keypad for automatic selection. Did I mention I have way to much free time.biggrin.gif

I have a small cooler type bag that is being modified into a surf bag to suit my needs. Yeah, I could buy one, but where's the fun in that...I am also converting a discontinued blue Shimano surf bag into a lighter one...the original is well built but heavy...I'll post some pics when done...