Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeaFox22

25 seacraft!!!!

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

im looking at this 2000 25' seacraft it has a single 300 suzuki.. i asked the owner he says it WOT only at 42mph and rpms at 5700.. is there somting wrong there....i feel this boat should move much better could it be prop issues...

Max RPM's on that motor is 6300 RPM's, so yes you could put another prop on there to get more top end.

But before you do that realize that you will lose time in the hole shot and the responsiveness in heavy seas. Personally, I don't think that 42 MPH is too bad and would want the better performance in snotty seas.

As most things in life, there are trade-offs.

You can have the very top end in speed and sacrifice responsiveness under load or the other way around, along with somewhere in between. The only thing that you can't have is both extremes.

Only you can decide what is best for you.

That is a deep v boat ,but reproped should be 1n low 50's mph . My question is , does he read his speed in Knot's . if so 42 knt is a very respectable speed @ 5700 . Zuke top end are between 5800 and 6100 if I remember correctly proped .

How big is the wheel now ? did he do any testing when he repowered or go with the prop that came with motor ? You can get a plethera of different speeds and performance numbers with that combination of HP and hull Just by selecting diferent size ( diameter ) and pitch combinations , I'd try the biggest wheel first and work down till your satisfied .

There are some dealers/ installers that have done a lot of work in this area . fitting wheels on 250 and 300 Zuke's and changing out sizes for proper performance .

Yarmouth Boat Yard in Yarmouth ,Maine . does a lot in this area as they have set up many Zuke's on BlackLab boats as a vendor and there own sales of Seacraft ,Persuit, Mako etc. Shawn is the guy to speak with . I believe he has charted all the props after instalation and rated them for rpm's and wot . good Luck that is a beautifulset up .

View PostMax RPM's on that motor is 6300 RPM's, so yes you could put another prop on there to get more top end.

But before you do that realize that you will lose time in the hole shot and the responsiveness in heavy seas.

You've got that backwards. Less pitch will get more rpms, get the boat on plane quicker and give better response in snotty seas. It'll maybe get a couple mph more too.

BUT, to the OP, the motor may propped correctly but be mounted a bit low causing excessive drag. I'd guess that boat should be getting ~ 50mph in suitable conditions.

if the motor is mounted a bit low will there be a problem there.. i would assume that boatshould go close to 50 for it go about 42 seem low for me unless there is a problem he said that the prob just came with the motor and he said if i change the prop it could go faster