Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1dozenraw

How do you edit the title of a thread?

13 posts in this topic

I can edit my post. I can edit the heading that appears within the thread. But I can not seem to find a way to edit the title that appears on the front page list in the Buy/Sell/Trade Forums. HELP. Thanks.

View PostClick on "Thread Tools", then "Edit Thread" - there you can edit the title smile.gif

TimS

Hey Boss... check this out... Is it because I'm using an old Mac?? Or am I doing something wrong? Or have I been bad and am being punished?

View PostBump for the Boss...

The option you suggest is not there??headscratch.gif

Make sure that the normal "edit" button is still visible on the post you are looking at the "thread tools" for -- in other words, if more than 24 hours has passed, you can't edit the thread much less edit the title redface.gif

I do believe that it's a MUCH SHORTER WINDOW to edit a thread title, maybe in minutes instead of hours. Make a post, then immediately try to edit the title - and let me know, this'll be a learning experience for all of us - I've always had buttons smile.gif

TimS

I'll try it here. Not sure if there is a difference between the title of the first post and subsequent posts but here it goes.

First title: Let's see #1

Second after 15 seconds: Let's see #2

After 45 seconds: Let's see #3

After 1+ minutes: Let's see #4(started showing the post edit time at the bottom just after 60 seconds.)

4 minutes later: Let's see #5

5 hours & 45 minutes later: Let's see #6

17.5 hours later: #7

Will try again later and see.