Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

wtt for electric guitar!!

12 posts in this topic

Im trying to pick up gee-tar and I need a lo-end beginner type set up to learn on.. electric.. I already have an accoustic that I CANT play.. Ill trade.. the accoustic gibson knock off ($150 in the store, basically brand new), I have an older Kawai 5000 keyboard synth, great sounds and really good midi controller that I would also trade..

in addition I haev a loomis GL3 custom 10 wt, 9ft two piece fly rod I could do..

Plus Im a rod builder so lets make a deal!!

BC

So Dave- you gonna accompany yourself when you belt out " Dont stop Believing"biggrin.gif If it does'nt work out on BST--- I saw a bunch of starter sets at Sam Ash for about 2 bills or so.....don't skimp to much on the guitar thou- a quality instrument is much easier to play and something you can grow into as you get better.

Craig/NS1

Bc, I still have this electric:

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...ghlight=guitar

It is a nice guitar, I would sell it to you for 225 and meet you out in Nassau, or 250 and I'll include the case ($100), this guitar is like new I bought it for myself as a fathers day present and rarely if ever play it (love my usa deluxe strat too much), it is much more than a beginner guitar, I am not very interested in a trade. You can read the reviews of it here: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=512492

If you decide to buy a cheapo electric at a Guitar Center or Sam Ash, just be careful what you buy, many of them are around 150 - 200 or even 99 but suffer from issues as sharp frets, poor tuners (especially the cheap strat models that have cheap tremolos - a nightmare to keep in tune), and loose wiring in the electronics that will cause crackling whn plugged in.

And whatever you do dont buy a 'starcaster by Fender" at WalMArt/Target or whatever "by Gibson" or "xxx...by any Big Name Guitar MAker" at walmart/target etc....If you 're buying an electric stick to the music shops.

REG.. Thanks for the great price on that gee-tar, but I cant swing the cash now.. Im getting in trouble with da wife buying junk etc, which is why I need to go the trade route. I know youre not into a trade, which is cool.. again, thanks for the advice. If you need/want rods (fly or other) let me know and we'll work something out if the gee tar is still available..

BC

View PostREG.. Thanks for the great price on that gee-tar, but I cant swing the cash now.. Im getting in trouble with da wife buying junk etc, which is why I need to go the trade route. I know youre not into a trade, which is cool.. again, thanks for the advice. If you need/want rods (fly or other) let me know and we'll work something out if the gee tar is still available..

BC

what else you would you trade?

While I concur in buying locally from a music shop, you can often find some gems in Sam's Ass and Guitar Center in that ****** $150 Fender range. You just have to take the time to play them all side by side. Sometimes the Mexican's get it right. wink.gif

Reg, still have the acoustic? smile.gif

find a used epiphone or Japanese made fender. You can upgrade later, but those two types typically give you decent quality for the price. Buy one that is easy to play or spend the money to have it set up properly. Nothing worse than a guitar that is hard to play, especially when learning.

View PostWhile I concur in buying locally from a music shop, you can often find some gems in Sam's Ass and Guitar Center in that ****** $150 Fender range. You just have to take the time to play them all side by side. Sometimes the Mexican's get it right. wink.gif

Reg, still have the acoustic? smile.gif

Yes I still have the acoustic.

And Mexican Fender's go new for 600 now, a used Mexican Fender is gonna run 3 bills

AS far 150 guitars go the only one I would buy is the newest version of the Made in China Bullet Squier/Fender Strat...and even with that you have to go through at least 5 of them to find a good one, then you will probably change the tuners, nut and electronics.

View Postfind a used epiphone or Japanese made fender. You can upgrade later, but those two types typically give you decent quality for the price. Buy one that is easy to play or spend the money to have it set up properly. Nothing worse than a guitar that is hard to play, especially when learning.

Be creful with Epiphones, they do make many nice geetars, but not cheap.

A japanese fender definetely not cheap.

IMHO, a high quality amp makes more of a difference in sound than a high quality guitar. Save some $$$ on the axe and splurge on a nicer amp in the future... you'll be amazed!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0