Open borders and amnesty

Rate this topic

DAQ

View PostPeople that want these thinks are nuts. Is this the kind of trash they want in our country or do they believe only "good" illegals sneak in?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

DAQ,

I am for closing the borders (north and south) asap and by any means possible. Stop the bleeding first.

Then, offer amnesty to any illegal who has been here for more than four years and has worked and not been in any trouble with the law (parking tickets don't countsmile.gif ). Offer them permanent visas, require they go to English language classes and put them on the road to citizenship.

Under four years, if they are honest and hardworking, put them on a temp. visa (make them personally check in to a government office once per week) and insure they cannot send their pay home. If they stay for another three years, crime free and working, do the same as above.

Everybody else goes home, at gunpoint if necessary.

View PostDAQ,

I am for closing the borders (north and south) asap and by any means possible. Stop the bleeding first.

Then, offer amnesty to any illegal who has been here for more than four years and has worked and not been in any trouble with the law (parking tickets don't countsmile.gif ). Offer them permanent visas, require they go to English language classes and put them on the road to citizenship.

Under four years, if they are honest and hardworking, put them on a temp. visa (make them personally check in to a government office once per week) and insure they cannot send their pay home. If they stay for another three years, crime free and working, do the same as above.

Cool, lets reward people for breaking the Law. Do Ped's who haven't diddled a 'Kid' for the last 5 years get a 'pass' too??????????? If not, why? Laws are Laws......headscratch.gifkooky.gif

View PostDAQ,

I right with you on this one. I liked Bush's plan.

I say seal up the boarders, and give all the working illegals a chance to become citizens.

The truth is we invited many of these people in when the economy was full steam. When a multi million or even billion dollar company like Perdue has to close down when the illegals did their one day boycott, there is NO WAY our government didnt know we had millions of illegals working here. We needed their labor and we did NOTHING to stop it.

To now kick them out IMO is unfair. I respect any person doing an honest days work to feed theri family.

Getting these people on the books will increase tax revs

I also agree with teaching them English as a requirement for citizenship and agree if they have criminal backgrounds to boot them out.

View PostCool, lets reward people for breaking the Law. Do Ped's who haven't diddled a 'Kid' for the last 5 years get a 'pass' too??????????? If not, why? Laws are Laws......headscratch.gifkooky.gif

Wraith,

See, this problem has been happening for decades, not just the last few years. Many of these people came for work and freedom and have worked hard for their families and built a good life.

And how do we get rid of all of the illegals already here (we don't even know the number)? Maybe we can get a secret police squad set up which goes to where they live in the middle of the night and rousts them out.headscratch.gif How do we do it and should we??? WE'VE CREATED THIS PROBLEM AS MUCH AS THE ILLEGALS.

Unless you want to see something which looks like it is out of the old Stalinist or Hitler days with the cops/Army rounding people up like the Warsaw Ghetto, my way seems most fair and humane.

View Postgoing off on a tangent here ...

anyone know a latin dude who came here to find work, and then went back to his country (say, mexico) because of the deterioration of the job market here?

Not personally.

The CA agency that monitors labor and employment statistics said that due to the recession fewer illegals have entered CA and that some are returning to Mexico.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

View Postgoing off on a tangent here ...

anyone know a latin dude who came here to find work, and then went back to his country (say, mexico) because of the deterioration of the job market here?

Ive read that fewer are trying to get in now.

As bad as it is here though, its worse in Mexico. So Im not sure how many are leaving.

The situation def. needs to be brought under control, or the USA is going to become the nursing home for the rest of the world.

IMO the way you fix this is by removing the incentives that bring them here in the first place.

The prospect of amnesty is but one of those incentives. The way the original intent of the 14th amendment is being perverted would be another.

The argument that illegals pay taxes too is a bad one -

First off, there is a huge percentage of them that are working off the books, second, of those with payroll jobs, the stolen SS #'s they're using is going to be a major headache to sort out, and has the potential to cause a great deal of problems to the rightful owners of the #'s.

NAFTA also played a roll in all of this, US workers aren't the only ones who got the shaft.

Both major political parties share the blame for what this has become.

"anyone know a latin dude who came here to find work, and then went back to his country (say, mexico) because of the deterioration of the job market here?"

Actually, I know of 2. But as soon the economy recovers they will want to pile back in again. We need to lock down the boarders and for all the bitching and moaning about the costs to do it, we just spent 787 billion dollars and I can't figure out what much of that money went to.

John

Create instead of living off the buying and selling of others.......

View PostYES,

let's compare pedos raping children with someone who might have come here illegally but contributes to our society.

I agree that I want the borders locked down,

and illegals sent home... but do we REALLY have to compare them to pedos in order to make a case?

What about the illegal who never asked to come here, but entered our school systems, studied hard, learned English, said the pledge of allegiance everyday, and has lived most of his/her life as an American? Send them home (if you can call it that) too?

"... let it go - lets move forward."

"the stolen SS #'s they're using is going to be a major headache to sort out, and has the potential to cause a great deal of problems to the rightful owners of the #'s."

As we stand right now, all the money they pay into SS is a contributing factor for those who will collect and as we stand right now they won't be collecting. That doesn't mean the politicians won't try to get them citizenship along with back SS payments forwarded to them....

BTW, SS knows exactly where the illegals who work under stolen SS numbers are. But there is some law barring them from turning that info over to immigration services....

John

Create instead of living off the buying and selling of others.......

Issue National Photo ID cards to all citizens which would serve as your driver's license, motorcycle license, Boating license, pistol permit, ect. The next step is make it a felony with a $25000 fine to hire anyone without a card. Any non-citizen workers with clean records that are already here could apply for a one-time temporary card to allow them to work and pay taxes untill they can become citizens. Instead of building thousands of miles of fences and spending millions on border patrol, just remove the incentive to come here illegally in the first place. We're going to need to do this eventually so why wait until it's too late.

Ed Panzella

"BAITS MOTEL" - 2450 Maycraft Pilothouse

Higganum, Ct