Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noclues

Hi Viz Braid

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Any comments on Hi Viz PP? I bought 2 new reels this winter and spooled both with Hi Viz PP. Fishing is south Jersey for flounder/sea bass/tog/stripers. I routinely use clear florocarbon for my striper leaders (3'). My hi-lo rigs are also clear mono. Good choice or not so good choice?

i used it last year for the first time on my abu for fluking, used a leader and no problem for me ,didnt see a catch ratio difference

I like the yellow power pro. My buddy was busting em' on me about the color. when I asked what the problem was he didnt have a reason not to use it. I consistantly out fished him that year.

neon fire sufix is pretty good ya cant miss it. But, if you can get your hands on pink fireline which is discontinued youre goin to be happy, awesome superline. I dont like PP braid cwm13.gif

I found the hi viz yellow pp to dry rot faster than the moss green and red. Maybe It was a bad spool. I have had good luck with the red. More visible than the green and has held up well.

View PostI found the hi viz yellow pp to dry rot faster than the moss green and red. Maybe It was a bad spool. I have had good luck with the red. More visible than the green and has held up well.

I had green power pro on two of my reels for two seasons and it held up fine. Switched to the red and within 3-4 weeks it had already started to break down. Not to mention the fact it blead everywhere all over my reel and hands.