Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Benz

avet sx mc?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I have always been a spinning guy but ive decided to get into conventional. I plan on getting an avet sx. just not sure if i should get the mc version? for now the reel is going to be used from boat for livelining and chunking. i might even throw some plugs as well. also, i'm left handed and retrieve left handed on a spinning reel. would i retrieve left hand on conv? i cast with my right hand over my right shoulder. i cant find this reel anywhere locally to see how the left hand retrieve feels compared to right. thanks guysredface.gif

I'm a lefty and I always used right handed reels.

You're a lefty and cast with your right hand over your right shoulders? Well, you're casting right handed if you do that.

Oh, and the Avet SX MC is perfect for someone starting out.

i think ive decided on the mc. its only an extra $40. so mind as well spend the $40 instead of getting birds nests with the braid. i think mc is the way to go. im still not sure whether to get the left or right hand retrieve. im left hand dominant but with spinning reels i reel with my left hand and cast over my right shoulder. with a right hand retrieve conv. i would have to switch hands to reel. does everyone who reels with their left hand using spinning reel left handed with conv?

I am right hand dominate and crank spinners with left hand. I have 3 Calcutta left hand crank reels. I just can not switch hands after I cast. Left hand crank, right hand cast feels natural to me.

View PostI am right hand dominate and crank spinners with left hand. I have 3 Calcutta left hand crank reels. I just can not switch hands after I cast. Left hand crank, right hand cast feels natural to me.

That's unorthodox. Usually when one is right handed, they crank spinners with their left and conventionals with their right hand.

View Posti think ive decided on the mc. its only an extra $40. so mind as well spend the $40 instead of getting birds nests with the braid. i think mc is the way to go. im still not sure whether to get the left or right hand retrieve. im left hand dominant but with spinning reels i reel with my left hand and cast over my right shoulder. with a right hand retrieve conv. i would have to switch hands to reel. does everyone who reels with their left hand using spinning reel left handed with conv?

Keep in mind if you want resell the reel, you'll get a much smaller field of potential buyers if you purchase a lefty reel. If you learn on righty reel, you'll be able to sample your friends' reels too. In the future you'll have more selection to choose from.

You'll get used to it after a day, as the whole "conventional" thing is new anyway. You're not set in any particular style so any hand will be a new experience.