Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beret

Replacement tubes for surf bag

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

I have a BW Sports plug bag with 9 - 2" diameter tubes that need replacing. Have tried several good bait & tackle shops as well as the BW web site with no success. I am waiting on a call back from BW......but who knows....

Anyone have ideas on where to get the round replacement tubes.....or similar material to cut tubes from. The bag was my first surf bag and not very expensive. A new one only cost arount $35.00......so if repalcement tubes are too expensive , it may not be worth the exercise...it just seems a shame,bag is in great shape.........help. Thanks.

I always thought that PVC was too thick and heavy. I found a company called Visipac.com that makes clear plastic tubing in many sizes. Unfortunately the 2 1/2" tubes they sell in 4' lengths have to be bought in bulk. I am tempted to spring for some though. I searched the internet like crazy, and they were the only option I found that made sense.

I use the thin pvc tubing used for central vacuum systems. I get it from a vacuum cleaner store and it is about $5.00 for 8' section. Cut it to any length you want. I cut it on my table saw. Works well and lighter than regular pvc.

Actually, I work at depot part time and I have been eyeing something in the electrical department for a while now....

They are flourecent light bulb protectors. They are 4 foot long and about 8 bucks each. I'm not too sure about the diameter but they look to be the same size as a stock "lure tube."

Check them out and report back...

many of the temporary displays in big food stores are put together with PVC tubes that are great for plug bags. ask one of the workers in back to take a look for you. got many this way, thin wall perfict size, use your wifes hot melt glue gun to bond together.

I went to a plastics shop and had them cut pvc sheets to the exact size I needed to make custom squares for my bag. Since it is pvc I used pvc cement. Very simple. I think it cost me $16 bucs. biggrin.gif

View PostActually, I work at depot part time and I have been eyeing something in the electrical department for a while now....

They are flourecent light bulb protectors. They are 4 foot long and about 8 bucks each. I'm not too sure about the diameter but they look to be the same size as a stock "lure tube."

Check them out and report back...

This is the way I replace mines. I also reconmend you check em out. I dont know the Diameter though.

View PostI use the thin pvc tubing used for central vacuum systems. I get it from a vacuum cleaner store and it is about $5.00 for 8' section. Cut it to any length you want. I cut it on my table saw. Works well and lighter than regular pvc.

It's called nutone, and most electrical supply shops carry them. You can go to their website and search a local store in your area. Yes it comes it 8 ft. sections, it's 2" ID and very, very light. It's perfect for replacement tubes in a plug bag!