MY UPGRADED ZX27's

Rate this topic

1ZXguy

View Postcouldnt you have just said "sick looking reel" instead of adding the other BS?

--------

SURE, I coulda done that, but I wanted to point out the fact that although this company makes incredible reels, its kinda silly that everytime I turn around, another iteration of the same reel is coming out and people are happy that they dropped another $250 per reel to fix an incredible reel already.. seems silly to me.. $1200 for a reel.. the company has been selling for what 18 months(if that) and already you have to drop another $250 to fix something? they bill the reel as one that is superior to a VS and point out that there isnt a mandatory service fee, yet there is constant evolutions to a reel that you have to PAY for.. Im allowed to point that out..

Im allowed to post that, it wasnt a personal attack or rude in any way, its an observation.. but thanks for your input..

I dig the reel, Ive always just had a problem with purchasing somethign that has proved over the years with this individual to always be a work in progress.. Although he makes and thinks up SICK stuff..

When he had VS every reel was different. It took them YEARS and countless dollars to standardize the reels. now they are interchangeable, it wasnt always that way.. parts were machined for each reel individually, it was a mess.. Kudos to VS for realizing this and standardizing the reel, albeit a painstaking process, they are far better for it..

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

I think I started 3 or 4 posts with those pics and then deleted it. I figure there is enough of a bee's nest already. Besides, ZB already made it very clear that those issues are not a design flaw,cwm27.gifbeatin.gif but can only be remedied by a $250 upgrade.kooky.gifcwm13.gif

Not to mention all the other owners who fish their reels just as hard, and have none of those issues.cwm33.gif

Good luck to all of you and enjoy your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation reels.

The best thing ZB did was tell me I had to pay for an "upgrade" to repair a design flaw.

Of all my VS reels, not one ever had a drop of water inside when I opened them. The ZB had water in it every time. Not just a little either.cwm31.gif

you spend that much on it.. than they make you pay more to further test an untested product. i do not understand

my new snowboard hydration pack came with a faulty hose.. it had a kink in it.. 1 phone call and a new water bladder is on its way here.. no questions asked.... i dont understand why that a company has a design defect and is charging its consumers big bucks to rectify a problem that is their fault. headscratch.gif

so keep paying high dollar to test the reel.. its reassuring to know that when and if i purchase one it should be completely tested. highfive.gif

life is short . play hard

everyone has diff opinions of zb but once reel is registered by orig purchaser any problems are fixed by rob at no cost ,or maybe i am just luckybeers.gif .

vs reels are extremly durable and don't leak,however since these china crew have taken over they "hose" you everytime on service,with a few exceptions they now too are expensive unless you buy the parts and do it yourself which is what i have resorted to after my last 413 dollar bill.

pete an awesome reel, now you have something i wantbiggrin.gif

first wknd your headin out to that place i'll meet ya i have something to show you.

OK: For one thing i did'nt have to do an upgread , I used my ZX27's for

2 years both in the water and out and never had one problem. I

service them myself , and don't send out . I upgreaded because

i like cool and new stuff ,it's my money and the cost was not a

problem . So why not stop the BS...

----- PETE -----moon.gif