Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AL617

beulah bluewater

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I have their 10'6" 10/11 Switch. Also, I have cast all three of their "Surf" (9/10, 8/9, 7/8) rods. These are 11' switch rods optimized for two-hand overhead casting. They are all very nice to cast; well designed, well built, beautifully finished. It is reasonable to call them top-end rods at a high mid-range price point. I do not work for Beulah.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I was looking at them sometime last year and forgot about it until today. I will see if I can track one down to play with and take it from there.

-Al

View PostThanks for the feedback guys, I was looking at them sometime last year and forgot about it until today. I will see if I can track one down to play with and take it from there.

-Al

al see scott at the bears den im sure hes got one to check out

dont have any buelah rods but have fished/played with a few switch rods and there may be one in the future added to my quiver

View Postal see scott at the bears den im sure hes got one to check out

dont have any buelah rods but have fished/played with a few switch rods and there may be one in the future added to my quiver

I actually e-mailed him last year when I wanted to check them out, he said he had them and then I just forgot about the whole thing cwm27.gif

Im due for a trip down there anyway, winter is killing me.

-Al

View PostI've cast them and they cast very nice. As far as fast, I'd say moderately fast for me, YMMV.

I know you have alot of experience with the TFO ticr/x, how would you compare the action of the beulahs to these rods? Faster or no?

thank you

-Al

While I have not thrown the Bluewater, I am very pleased with their Guide Series. Beluah is a highly respected rod company in Europe. Not sure why they are not more popular here. I have a 5 and 6 weight I use for freshwater and an 8 and 10 weight for the salt. They come with an extra tip, which is nice although I have not had to use it yet. Their customer service has been very good as well. On the one instance where I had to return my 8 wt. for a broken mid section, my fault, they sent a new rod quickly and without question. i would definitely describe the action as fast, but not sure what damn fast is. I first got my 8 wt. to replace a stolen Scott Heliply and the Beluah to be faster than it, for what it is worth. I cast about 200 days a year, the Guide Series is definitely a work horse.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Beulah Guide 8wt. I'm hoping Streams of Dreams will have one with them at the Somerset show. They are the only dealer in NJ.