Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RegDunlop

korkers wading boots size question

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I've got one of the discontinued ones (the Wetlands). I ordered to my true size, and they're just a bit snug with a neoprene stockingfoot. Not uncomfortable to wear, but it's a challenge to get 'em on.

In hindsight, I might've gone size 12, but that might also open the door to collecting sand in the boot, which is not a problem now.

Reg,

I have orvis boot foot felt soles size 11, matched with k-5000's size large. When I put them together the korkers were very snug to the foot. They are NIB so I can't say how they feel when I walk.

Korker box say 10-11 1/2 size large, 12-13 size x-large

J

In my experience w/ Korker boots w/ me and my buddies is that they run small. I have Simms waders and had to go 3 sizes up to get a good fit. And I had paid to have custom fit booties installed so they were larger than I needed. Every wader company uses a different thickness of neoprene.

I would strongly advise that you take the waders you will be using to try on the boots. My first pair felt tight. figured they would loosen up as they got wet and the day wore on. Guess what; they don't really stretch at all. I could barely walk by the end of the day.

I love em though, and will replace em Korkers when they go.

I dont know if the other models run small, but I know that the cross currents I picked up last season definitely do (once the stockingfoots are in)...go up at least 1 size. I had to go up 2.

View PostI dont know if the other models run small, but I know that the cross currents I picked up last season definitely do (once the stockingfoots are in)...go up at least 1 size. I had to go up 2.

Thanks MrBrian, when you say go up a size are you talking street size or other brand wading boot size?

Every other wading boot I have owned has been an 11, but I heard korkers run small so wondering if I should go up to a 12.

To all the others who posted thanks, and just to be clear I'm not reffering to korkers cleats, but their boots.

I wear a size 13 shoe. I bought Korkers in 13 right before a trip because that is all BPS had and wore them on the beach for about 8 hours. I wanted to fish through the night, but I pulled the boots off during a short break and I couldn't bear the thought of putting them back on. Way too tight, my feet hurt like hell the next day. I kept the 13s and they are awesome for wet wading the Potomac in the summer witout waders.

I ordered 14s and they were a little snug with stockingfoot waders, mostly width wise, sent them back for a replacement pair of 15s.

I think they are great boots and extremely light.

CJ

My cure is for those of us who wade COLD WATER only & not warm water

I wear 9 1/2 street...

normally 11 in wading boots...

size 11 Korkers fit, but were a little tighter that my Orvis, Simms, and Hodgeman...

1/2 size bigger would have been better, but was not available, so bought 12...

got a boot full of sand and silt....

ended up wearing Seal Skin booties inside of my waders with my normal socks to fill the loose feeling (made foot bigger)...

seems to have corrected the difference, fit and wear fine now...

and my feet do not get cold at all!