Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
capequahog

Marshland Restaurant

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

View PostIs supposedly on the TVFN on a show called The Best Thing I Ever Ate with a segment about their stuffed quahog, looks like the show may be on at 9:30 pm tonight headscratch.gif

It first ran last Friday night at 10, according to the sign they had on their door last Friday.

Their stuffed quahogs are huge. They're actually too big and filling to be an appetizer--best enjoyed with a cup of chowder as a meal in itself.

View PostI saw the segment, and if I owned Marshland, I'd be pretty proud. They got quite a plug. Not to mention, the stuffer looked great.wink.gif

Watched it this morning. Looked drool.gif.

I guess I'll be paying them a visit next time I'm down that way.

just callin it like I see it, and mind you this place is at the foot of my street, they got a pretty good chowder most of the time, very inconsistant, but the quahog...at least time I was there was microwaved, BILGE. Now Aqua grill deep fries 'em... and they get some weight to 'em stuffed with clams choriso celery peppers onoins and crumbs.

View Postjust callin it like I see it, and mind you this place is at the foot of my street, they got a pretty good chowder most of the time, very inconsistant, but the quahog...at least time I was there was microwaved, BILGE. Now Aqua grill deep fries 'em... and they get some weight to 'em stuffed with clams choriso celery peppers onoins and crumbs.

I didn't see any microwaves on the Foodnetwork segment.cwm27.gif Just a couple yummy overstuffed quahogs going into a Blodgett oven to cook.wink.gif

that operates the TV show is former resident of Sandwich, having graduated from Sandwich High {Likes to ride his bIke to show off all his tats/ One of the good guys to come out of Sandwich Ma,

The Old Girl Piano committee will be making contact with him to see if he will do the cake in replical of the town hall after it is restored in late fall this year

View Postjust callin it like I see it, and mind you this place is at the foot of my street, they got a pretty good chowder most of the time, very inconsistant, but the quahog...at least time I was there was microwaved, BILGE. Now Aqua grill deep fries 'em... and they get some weight to 'em stuffed with clams choriso celery peppers onoins and crumbs.

I lived just up the street for about four years and never ate there. Not even once! I even knew one of the guys working in the kitchen. Just one of those places that never caught my attention for some reason.

On the other hand, I still have to stop at Bobby Byrne's any time I'm in the area.

View Post..... I still have to stop at Bobby Byrne's any time I'm in the area.

Now that's another spot that has withstood the test of time. Never visited but always hear the radio ads by the owner.

Assume BB is doing something right to have lasted in Sandwich this long. Location and parking is ideal....maybe that's the draw since I can't comment of the food.

View PostNow that's another spot that has withstood the test of time. Never visited but always hear the radio ads by the owner.

Assume BB is doing something right to have lasted in Sandwich this long. Location and parking is ideal....maybe that's the draw since I can't comment of the food.

Ironic isn't it. BB's has never done a thing for me. My wife and I haven't eaten there in over 20 years. But Marshland on the other hand icon14.gif we both enjoy. Their blackened shrimp and scallop Caesar salad is great.

View PostIronic isn't it. BB's has never done a thing for me. My wife and I haven't eaten there in over 20 years. But Marshland on the other hand icon14.gif we both enjoy. Their blackened shrimp and scallop Caesar salad is great.

I agree w/U Bob, BB is OK if U want to eat mostly bar food and watch the game, however, ML is like going home 2 Mom`s for dinner ... but both R pretty good ...