Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cantilever

Dragon Age

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

* Nerd talk Warning*

Anyone pick up Dragon Age? It came out in December on PC, XBox and PS3.

It's probably the most Role Playing RPG I have ever played. Just started 2 days ago but so far Im surprised how much the game gets you intot he story line and makes you feel part of the game.

Lots of voice over dialog.

If anyone remembers the books where it could say, " You come up top a fork in the road, go to page 65 to go left or page 98 to go right" The story would progress based on how you decided what direction to take in the story.

This game is the same way. Tons of cinimatic cut scenes, and after each one you can chose 1 of 5 options. I read there are so many options in the game you could replay it over and over for 100's of hours worth of different gameplay.

Its single player only. When you are not making storyline decisions, you are killing an assortment of beings. Typical RPG you can be a mage, a warrior and some other typical classes.

Anyone else play it?

View PostI'm too busy with my new Japanese Fembot to be playing computer games, dude.

cwm27.gif

Cantilever: I'll geek out with you. I have a new PC cming Monday and will look at this. I enjoyed some of the Forgotten Realms RPG's and this sounds similar.

View Postyou can't have files for more than one character.

I was at the end,

and started a new one... all the old saves are gone.

Hrmm Ill keep that in mind. Maybe you need to go save some files to another folder before you finish it.

Please dont say any spoilers.

They released some downloadable content. I think 3 things have been released. Ranging from $3 to $11 I think. All ment to be played after you finish the game.

What difficulty did you play it on?

View Postcwm27.gif

Cantilever: I'll geek out with you. I have a new PC cming Monday and will look at this. I enjoyed some of the Forgotten Realms RPG's and this sounds similar.

This is made by bioware. They made Boulders Gate and Star Wars knights of the republic.

I heard both of those games had moral decisions to be made as well.

View Post

What difficulty did you play it on?

normal

I had multiple save files,

after I started a new game,

I only have the new one,

and I was pretty far along, that mage in the party already went rogue and killed half my party..... shale was a pile of rubble

View Postnormal

I had multiple save files,

after I started a new game,

I only have the new one,

and I was pretty far along, that mage in the party already went rogue and killed half my party..... shale was a pile of rubble

One of the first decisions I made was to turn in the Mage asking for help with his ****...biggrin.gif

I guess you fell for it and helped the guy out....cwm27.gif

View PostThis is made by bioware. They made Boulders Gate and Star Wars knights of the republic.

I heard both of those games had moral decisions to be made as well.

Yup. I have both of those and had some fun with them.

What did you pay for this one? I pick stuff up off the auction site for next to nothing once they've been out for awhile.

Baulder gate 1 and II were great games.

My kid is playing Dragon Age on Xbox360. Shes addicted to it.

Looks great.

I'm in assassins creed 2 at the moment. I may play DA next if I don't get a copy of bioshock 2

View PostYup. I have both of those and had some fun with them.

What did you pay for this one? I pick stuff up off the auction site for next to nothing once they've been out for awhile.

Well Dragon Age won a bunch of awards. So I have not found it on sale anywhere yet.

Best I saw was $45 which is onlt $5 less then it started at. I downloaded it from Steam. Note, this is for the PC version, Im not sure of the prices for the XBox and PS3 versions.

View PostBaulder gate 1 and II were great games.

My kid is playing Dragon Age on Xbox360. Shes addicted to it.

Looks great.

I'm in assassins creed 2 at the moment. I may play DA next if I don't get a copy of bioshock 2

Ive never played a game like Dragon Age before. Im a RPG fan too. This is one of the very select few where I want to keep playing to find out what happens next.

Usually Im a loot *****, all I want is phat loot, I usually could care less about the story, at most the story would be icing on a cake at best.

You could have I think 6 people all start the game, and with different class picks and moral decisions and within 20 minutes all 6 could be on totally different paths and starting areas