Forrester sees global tech spending rebound in 2010

Rate this topic

Cantilever

View Post

On the flip side, do they provide a review of the last 5-10 years to show how the numbers have changed?

Generally, no. It's up to the consumer of these useless reports to reconcile "actual" historical results with what was projected.

Of course, the guys measuring the "actual" results are the same guys doing the projections, so who the hell knows.

Nobody reads the reports just for projections (everybody was wrong predicting growth in IT spending in 2008 and 2009, because nobody anticipated the recession).

View PostSoftware is a major part. The manufacturing part is pennies, the research and development is where the money is made.

NVM, I forgot the partisan slant. It cant be good cause a Dem is Prez....cwm33.gif

You were the first person to bring politics into this thread.

"meet our growth targets that put us on a pathway to growth."

View PostOnly one I asked is how tech spending rising is bad for the US. No answer to that still... UNless the fact that not 100% goes to us makes the whole thing bad, which is an opinion I dont agree with.

nobody said it was bad (although it arguably is for our current account deficit).

it's just not that great for your average unskilled unemployed laborer.

View Postnobody said it was bad (although it arguably is for our current account deficit).

it's just not that great for your average unskilled unemployed laborer.

OK thats fine. I wasnt running a parade on the news.

However if we are going to climb out of this recession, we will need various sectors to increase their spending. Tech is no doubt one of them.