Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frodder

Saint Lucia

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hello!

Our friend is getting married the 3rd week of February on the island of Saint Lucia. Has anyone here any info on the types of fish available, guides, etc.?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

A quick google search "St.Lucia Fishing" brought up at least three charter/guide services. Sounds like tuna, dorado, marlin, wahoo and cuda are the popular targets. I don't know if you already know this, or looking for something else, but just trying to help.

ST

I was in St Lucia in November. Went out on a charter with Hackshaw's and would not recommend them. We didn't have a bite all day and the captain and mate didn't really seem to try.

Talking with some of the locals at another marina, I got some good feedback on Mako's Watersports. If I were to go again, that's who I'd go with.

Beautiful place, but stay away from the Friday Night Jump Up in Gros Islet. The place can be bad news, it's the only place I felt unsafe while there.

What MDTOMMY said.

My and I were there for several weeks some 12 years ago. We're seasoned Caribbean travelers, and we were not impressed. The cities of Castries and Soufrierre are not safe at night.

The local food wasn't all that great. In general, nobody seemed to try all that hard to make you feel welcome.

Ditto on the Gros Isle "Jump Up".cwm15.gif Bad news, unless you're looking to get rolled.

My wife and I actually got to witness a body get looted right before our eyes.cwm31.gif

Well ..... let's hope the newlyweds don't get mugged, or worse, while there.

That sort of choice reeks or 1) bride with excessive ditz 0r 2) both newlyweds with too much money.