Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

What would a day be like without a Richard Seymour quote???

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

View PostHe says he's willing to play for any team except one - The Patriots (glad he's gratefulcwm27.gif )

I don't blame him one bit. I'd probably feel the same way as him. They did miss him this year.

View PostHe says he's willing to play for any team except one - The Patriots (glad he's gratefulcwm27.gif )

Why should he be grateful? They can make a business decision and exile him to the NFL's version of Siberia right before the start of the season--and he owes them what in return, exactly? headscratch.gif

"Thank you, Massa Bill, for the chance" confused.gifrolleyes.gif The guy was the 6th overall pick in his draft year--do you think he needed Belichick's hands-on guidance to become an All Pro?

Even with Seymour the Pats demise would have been the same. What Seymour use to be was a player who needed to be double teamed by most offensive lines in the in the NFL. That is the past. Seymour is not that type of player anymore.

Ask Vrabel if Belichick can make a defensive player a star. Because who was Vrabel before he came to New England? A nobody.

The Patriots have been very poor in evaluating defensive free agents veterans. I remembering it starting with Colvin signing from the Bears.

Rodney Harrison was the last best pick up by the Patriots defensively.

View PostEven with Seymour the Pats demise would have been the same. What Seymour use to be was a player who needed to be double teamed by most offensive lines in the in the NFL. That is the past. Seymour is not that type of player anymore.

Really? You caught all 16 Raiders games this year? I guess you would have had to, in order to make that assessment.

Because last year, tying up two defenders in the Pats 3-4 rush scheme, he tied his career high for sacks--which was more than the total recorded by the Pats down linemen, combined, this season wink.gif

I don't care what he does as a Raider and I don't need to watch 16 games to see how he is doing. I have a mouse and can click.

I only care what he did in New England. 02-06 Seymour is gone. The Raiders gave up up a 1st round in 2011 for more then likely one year of Seymour's service. Thank you very much Oakland.

View PostEven with Seymour the Pats demise would have been the same. What Seymour use to be was a player who needed to be double teamed by most offensive lines in the in the NFL. That is the past. Seymour is not that type of player anymore.

I remembering it starting with Colvin signing from the Bears.

Rodney Harrison was the last best pick up by the Patriots defensively.

I think Seymour would have had a good year with the Pats and really helped their pass rush. I said from the get go it was a bad move.

I liked the Rosie signing. He just was too injured. When he was healthy, he was damn good. Too bad Adelius does not have his heart and mind..

Seymour would have helped that D a ton. Pass rush as well as helped against the run, his side of the line got targeted big this year by the run. Only thing he didnt seem to bring to the table was leadership, reason I felt losing Vrabel was an even bigger loss for them.

It's a business regardless of anything. He doesn't like the Patriots then so be it. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with the Pats either. The tossed him away for a draft pic.

The thing with Big Sey was that he peaked in 2001....his rookie year, 3 time super bowl champ within 4 years, after that what the heck you expect???? Always under the microscope, not getting any younger, and he wasn't getting another contract here.

I didn't like the move @ first, but will like the top 10 pick that he brings. Well, hopefully they don't trade it for a 3rd and two 5thsbiggrin.gif

And maybe it frees up some $$ to sign Wilfork.

View PostIffin I were him I'd be looking to sign with The Jets, Miami, or Buffalo.

PAYBACK Baby !

He'll probably will go back to the AFC East. Players who go to a different team usually try and stay in the division because they know they're opponents better.

Besides being an uncapped season in 2010 teams will have 2 franchise tags to use. I think the Raid-ers just may use one on ol' Richard.

Love all the Pats fans that think he sucks now - had a good season in 2008-09 but now that they traded him away 'oh yea he sucks' kooky.gif

If he was there maybe he could have tackled Ray Rice on the first play from scrimmage tongue.gif

How does trading him away for a top 10 pick save $? Most teams can't give away a #1 pick anymore due to all the guaranteed $$ that you have to give the player that hasn't done a thing yet in the NFL (paging Jamacus Russel)

Only way they save $ by getting the top 10 pick is to 1- trade it for a few later picks or have a rookie salary cap in place for 2011.