Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Ok, I bought the 30lb Boga Grip

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I like a .25 nylon rope tethered to a D ring on the belt. The rope is nice if you need both hands free, far stronger than a telephone cord type lanyard. I have waded/swam back to shore many times with fish secured on the Boga.

They sell a real strong phone cord in the dollar store ( think it's about 25' for 99cents. Very easy to get a few clips & and a key ring & make your own. Pick up some heavy duty crimps And your good to go. You'll have enough cord to make many.

I just clip mine to a belt loop and so far have not had an issue, I have even fallen in the drink once or twice too wink.gif. I think the idea of some sort of lanyard is a good one though, even though I've had my boga for over a decade I would cry if I lost it smile.gif

alba,

this is the easiest solution and you will NEVER lose it.. take about a 3 ft section of coiled phone cord. pass it through the hole on the boga.. tape it generously with electrical tape. thats on side. Hang slide your wading belt through a carabeaner and hang another carabeaner off your belt. clip the boga to the bottom carabeaner and attach the other end of the boga to the 1st carabeaner.. totally secure..

Bc

I love those plastic clips, no rust, holds forever.

i took it off my Mares BC vest it have another clip to shorten the thing while not in use. not so expensive at the diving tackle store, hope it helps.

(Look at the other clip, the Boga can be hanged from your vest and uncliped when needed)

Enjoy your new Boga beers.gif