Followers 0
iphish

Don't look now.....

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

View PostShocking

Worst recession ever along with 2 wars.... The guy is lucky its as high as 46%

That's one way to look at it.

Expect it to get lower unless this recovery picks up speed.

What recovery do you speak of, we lost more jobs again in Dec at a time that even retail, distribuion and even the GD post office usually hires for.

View PostWhat recovery do you speak of, we lost more jobs again in Dec at a time that even retail, distribuion and even the GD post office usually hires for.

The one where after 4 quarters of negative GDP it finally went up. Same for the stock market.

I didnt say it was a big recovery, cause if it was, Obamas numbers would be high, regardless of wheather his actions helped or worsened or did ntohing to the economy.

View PostI look at recovery where it's not just one or two sectors-but overall. Just my opinion.....

There is no eutopia economy..

We are in a recovery. Its just that we were so deep its going to take a long time to climb up out of this pit. Think of it as we drove a porshe into the pits of hell and we are now riding a unicycle on the way back up.

If you think we are no better then last spring when we were on the brink of economic collapse and if you think GDP and the stock market are all irrelevent, then there aint much honest things left to say...

The recovery, when it finally picks up steam, will be a long and bumpy ride. A new equilibrium will someday be reached and the economy will start to grow again - albeit very slowly.

The thing that many people don't realize is that it will never be as "good" as it was before we tanked.

For the most part, this will be a jobless recovery with very little new construction. In essence, what you're looking at is the new "normal".

Sure, some sectors of the economy will improve substantially, while others have not yet finished their slide.

No matter how much Obama keeps spending and taxing the "wealthy", you cannot buy your way out of the mess that we're in. Only confidence in the markets and a sound fiscal policy will open up the credit markets to fund growth. Unfortunately, Obama's policy is not giving the credit markets (read Wall St) that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Someone needs to tell the emperor that he has no clothes onbiggrin.gif

View Post

The thing that many people don't realize is that it will never be as "good" as it was before we tanked.

Yep thats the worst part. I think most believe those great days are long gone. However I would not say we have no chance to find new ways to return or get close to those days.

Its just not going to happen anytime soon it seems. frown.gif

View Post Unfortunately, Obama's policy is not giving the credit markets (read Wall St) that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Not sure if I agree.

Wall Street had a hell of a year once March passed.

Slimeball wall street got bonuses while Main street got the shaft yet again.

Good thing Obama and Bush realized who deserved a bail out......mad.gif

View PostShocking

Yeah, golly, gee. If he was merely a mortal man, who knows how low his poll numbers would be. Because he's the messiah, he's only down to 46 percent. More proof of his divinity, no doubt.

The thing that many people don't realize is that it will never be as "good" as it was before we tanked

Thats precisely what the LSN wanted! Mission accomplished.

View PostYeah, golly, gee. If he was merely a mortal man, who knows how low his poll numbers would be. Because he's the messiah, he's only down to 46 percent. More proof of his divinity, no doubt.

Hey you are the one calling him your messiah, not me...wink.gif

View PostShocking

Sorry bud the 70's still have this one beat, thats 1.

2. we aren't in any war.

3. Obama is to the USA as Dinkins was to NY, a train wreck.

4. They shoot useless horses don't they? wink.gif

View PostCarefull man, they will call you a limp wristed lib for saying we are not at war...wink.gif

We aren't, they declared war on us we never declared war. No one will ever call me a limp wrist lib, believe me.wink.gif