Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IHaveCrabs

2'' budget boost body lift kit

16 posts in this topic

don't know about hat specifically but could you just put in 2" spacers or taller springs...I went the taller springs route, and it was inexpensive and have me just enough additional lift

Wrangler w/ 3" lift, cut-outs, 35 / 36 Swampers and 4:56 gears make a fun ride in the puckers around springtime. highfive.gif

Axels are like sheer pins. Always carry spares and tools!redface.gif

they are purley for ascetics.. you gain no ground clearance or performance. only benefit is bigger tires... the lift simply raises the body off the frame 2". i think it looks completely dumb on a wrangler but my opinion only

View Postthey are purley for ascetics.. you gain no ground clearance or performance. only benefit is bigger tires... the lift simply raises the body off the frame 2". i think it looks completely dumb on a wrangler but my opinion only

not just your opinion.. the way a wrangler is designed makes it look ridiculous with a 2 inch gap

well, a budget boost and a body lift are technically 2 different things. a body lift is made up of pucks that go on or replace the body mounts to lift the body up off the frame. 1" is alright, but any bigger 2 or 3", and you have a big gap between the body and frame and it just looks ugly. then you gotta do a motor mount lift or radiator brackets. aside from a bigger body lift being ugly, its kinda unsafe. it puts real long bolts holding all the weight of the body/tub/hood/etc. ive never really seen (only hear-say) of any issues revolving around that, but think about it...

a budget boost is made up of cheap coil spacers. they lift the suspension 2". their super easy to do, and no additional work is usually required for only 2"...usually. every vehicle is different (even exact same model/year) and some wont be affected by only 2", others will need other work.

View Postnot just your opinion.. the way a wrangler is designed makes it look ridiculous with a 2 inch gap

Don't forget that raising the body 2" will raise the center of gravity of the vehicle, possibly making it unsafe under certain cornering/turning conditions. How many people fail to take this under consideration kooky.gif

View PostDon't forget that raising the body 2" will raise the center of gravity of the vehicle, possibly making it unsafe under certain cornering/turning conditions. How many people fail to take this under consideration kooky.gif

very correct bassnuts. all image no art.

If you raise the body up 2" then you will need to raise your motor mounts up 2", or you will not be able to shift into 4L. Remember with Jeeps, if you do one thing, if will affect another. Best thing to do is buy a Wrangler with Dana 44's in the front and rear. That way you will have nothing to do but have time and money for FISHING!

View PostIf you raise the body up 2" then you will need to raise your motor mounts up 2", or you will not be able to shift into 4L. Remember with Jeeps, if you do one thing, if will affect another. Best thing to do is buy a Wrangler with Dana 44's in the front and rear. That way you will have nothing to do but have time and money for FISHING!

throw some 60s in it cwm27.gif

View PostI may be looking @ a cherokee this weekend that has a 2" lift. There's definitely some things in this post that I'll be looking for wink.gif

lol start a post so you know EVERYTHING you should look for smile.gif

View PostI may be looking @ a cherokee this weekend that has a 2" lift. There's definitely some things in this post that I'll be looking for wink.gif

you cant do a body lift on a cherokee..unless shes an oldeyhighfive.gif

View PostIf you raise the body up 2" then you will need to raise your motor mounts up 2", or you will not be able to shift into 4L. Remember with Jeeps, if you do one thing, if will affect another. Best thing to do is buy a Wrangler with Dana 44's in the front and rear. That way you will have nothing to do but have time and money for FISHING!

maybe if you wanna drop a pretty penny on a rubicon. and have a fake 44 front. some TJ's came with rear 44 front 30. however, for someone that doesnt want to do any mods, the rubicon is probably the BEST option. slightly higher then other base models, 31" M/T's 44 f&r (sorta), lower 4lo gearing, and front and rear electronic lockers.

but on a more serious note, why not rockwells? cwm27.gif

View Postlol start a post so you know EVERYTHING you should look for smile.gif

x2. is there an online ad? im sure some people on here, including myself, may be able to help you before you even go look at it...