Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G Lech

Shipping question???

8 posts in this topic

View PostDoes anybody know if the USPS sells tubes for rods that are 7 feet in length??? Also how much was the shipping???

Thanks, George

George, USPS tubes are not that long. You could probably use two 4 footers, but I wouldn't trust the cardboard construction. Go to Home Depot and buy a 10 ft piece PVC and 2 end caps(about $7 bucks for everything), and just cut the tube down 3 ft to fit your rod. Fill the gaps with bubble wrap, put on the end caps and you are good to go. I shipped an 8 ft rod from Hawaii to Texas for around $22 First Class. It took 4 days to get to my Dad's house. Good luck!

View PostGeorge, USPS tubes are not that long. You could probably use two 4 footers, but I wouldn't trust the cardboard construction. Go to Home Depot and buy a 10 ft piece PVC and 2 end caps(about $7 bucks for everything), and just cut the tube down 3 ft to fit your rod. Fill the gaps with bubble wrap, put on the end caps and you are good to go. I shipped an 8 ft rod from Hawaii to Texas for around $22 First Class. It took 4 days to get to my Dad's house. Good luck!

Thanks Quan, That what im gonna do.

You can also go to Homie's or Lowe's and ask for any cardboard rug tubes. they're usually more than happy to give them to you for free. Bring a saw in case you don't have a pick-up or van. Cut it in the lot. I use fiber-reinforced tape for the ends or duct tape. Might be havier than PVC though.

I shipped an 11' 2pc. rod blank in a 75"L x 14" circumference cardboard tube for $14. I insured it up to $40 & paid 80 cents for tracking. Total was $17.85 to N.C.. from N.Y..

View PostYou can also go to Homie's or Lowe's and ask for any cardboard rug tubes. they're usually more than happy to give them to you for free. Bring a saw in case you don't have a pick-up or van. Cut it in the lot. I use fiber-reinforced tape for the ends or duct tape. Might be havier than PVC though.

I shipped an 11' 2pc. rod blank in a 75"L x 14" circumference cardboard tube for $14. I insured it up to $40 & paid 80 cents for tracking. Total was $17.85 to N.C.. from N.Y..

icon14.gificon14.gif Free stuff is good!

View PostGeorge, USPS tubes are not that long. You could probably use two 4 footers, but I wouldn't trust the cardboard construction. Go to Home Depot and buy a 10 ft piece PVC and 2 end caps(about $7 bucks for everything), and just cut the tube down 3 ft to fit your rod. Fill the gaps with bubble wrap, put on the end caps and you are good to go. I shipped an 8 ft rod from Hawaii to Texas for around $22 First Class. It took 4 days to get to my Dad's house. Good luck!

i bought a rod last year from a guy on here and he shipped it that way. it works perfect, even though it made the mail lady nervous until i explained what was in it.

it is very difficult to get some people to ship rods. i wish more were informed about this. when i really want a certain item, i sometimes don't care how much it costs ( within reason ) to get here to me.

View Posti bought a rod last year from a guy on here and he shipped it that way. it works perfect, even though it made the mail lady nervous until i explained what was in it.

it is very difficult to get some people to ship rods. i wish more were informed about this. when i really want a certain item, i sometimes don't care how much it costs ( within reason ) to get here to me.

You're exactly right, I was like that too until I shipped my first rod. Very simple to do.