Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nfnDrum

Yak fishing accessories.

22 posts in this topic

I haven't had yak fishing on the brain since the summer. If you can't fish you buy. I added 25" drift sock to my accessories. Once I add a Handheld VHF I think i'm done.

Vest

Drysuit

Vest Knife

Whistle

Flag

Marker Light

GPS

Fish Finder

Trolly

Rod Extensions

Leashes

Anchor

Sock

Way to much sh't. Added up being more then the kayak itself.

I think i like fresh water better. I only need half of this crap.

Welcome to the addiction. Not a day goes by where I'm not eyeing some peice of new gear online. Which knife did you go with? I'm looking to replace my folding knife w/ a fixed blade. I bought and returned the Pilot knife from EMS. Sheath would not fit PFD tab like it said it would

A good kayak knife is the Spyderco Salt fixed blade. I had a Salt folder, the Pacific Salt, and while the blade didnt rust, the lockback and pins did. But the fixed blade has no other steel in it other than the H1 rustproof steel, and would make a fine saltwater knife.

I have the smaller Wenoka squeeze lock titanium blunt tip dive knife .. i use it in the surf aswell. .. i put a hole through the pocket of my pfd and let it hang by a barnacle nut

View PostWelcome to the addiction. Not a day goes by where I'm not eyeing some peice of new gear online. Which knife did you go with? I'm looking to replace my folding knife w/ a fixed blade. I bought and returned the Pilot knife from EMS. Sheath would not fit PFD tab like it said it would

View PostWhat about dry bags

I use gallon size ziplock bags. Might be a bit redneckish, but it works. I used em to hold my spare lights, batteries, and some simple first aid stuff.

View PostI use gallon size ziplock bags. Might be a bit redneckish, but it works. I used em to hold my spare lights, batteries, and some simple first aid stuff.

me too... gallon ziplocks for all the soft plastics and a plano box for some lures which go in the milkcrate and small ziplock sandwich bags for my cell phone, batteries and car keys which goes in the center compartment of the yak...

View PostA good kayak knife is the Spyderco Salt fixed blade. I had a Salt folder, the Pacific Salt, and while the blade didnt rust, the lockback and pins did. But the fixed blade has no other steel in it other than the H1 rustproof steel, and would make a fine saltwater knife.

DM, I'm surprised about that. I had an H1 folder in my vest for 2 years now, and not a speck of rust anywhere.

I posted my problem on a knife forum and the president of Spyderco, Sal Glesser, offered me a new one, no questions asked, so they definitely believe on their products, and is a standup company. Thats enough to make me give it another shot. Everyone else I have talked to and read about had has zero problems, so Im looking forward giving it another chance.

plus:

lipper

pliers

strobe

VHF

signal mirror

aerial flares

head lamp \\ red light

duct tape

multitool

bug juice

sunscreen

water

extra knife (bait knife)

length of surgical tubing if I cut an artery

baitbag

mesh laundry bag for catch bag

plugs

tins

making for leaders

wow that is a lot of stuff

but no milk crate

Amongst all the other gear mentioned above, you gotta record that catch. I truly feel naked without it (same goes for the pfd/vest). Kinda weird, huh?headscratch.gif Fly

what is duct tape for?

DBS

View Postplus:

lipper

pliers

strobe

VHF

signal mirror

aerial flares

head lamp \\ red light

duct tape

multitool