Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
botch

Abu Sweden Vs. China

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

None of the BCX models are worth the money, IMHO. I've opened up some of them to pull parts and I haven't been impressed.

Any reel that says "Made in Sweden" on the side should be a quality product.

View Postok. whats the deal on abu reels? Pros,cons,cutoff dates and modelsheadscratch.gif

thats a very broad question....

Very good casters out of the box....

Most are still made in Sweden except some 6600 and the 7000-7500 reels...

Don't know what you mean by cutoff dates and models...

View Postthats a very broad question....

Very good casters out of the box....

Most are still made in Sweden except some 6600 and the 7000-7500 reels...

Don't know what you mean by cutoff dates and models...

i hear that .Just don,t want to start opening reels up like cars and finding mexican parts here made in canada there.Made in sweden could become assembled in sweden. Time will tell thanks

View PostMade in sweden could become assembled in sweden. Time will tell thanks

Yep...that is especially true with the black 7000CL BiG Game. There was some transitional period where things were going to Taiwan with the 7000 sized reels...Look for Sursflinger's posts...

This topic comes up 4-5 times a year. Use the search button and you will find tons and tons of info. The only way you will get a real understanding is to read, read and read some more.....

View PostYep...that is especially true with the black 7000CL BiG Game. There was some transitional period where things were going to Taiwan with the 7000 sized reels...Look for Sursflinger's posts...

elll yea and how bout the i series hmmmmm i buy the old school stuff no risk all reward and man you can feel the difference

The new 7000 series reels made in China are pretty nice. There is a big difference between these and the BCX series. As far as Im concerned the BCX isnt a Abu but the 7000 series is built like a Abu and seems to be quality.

If your unsure, than any Abu 6500 with the dual cast control knobs will do you good. You won't have to worry about where they were made.smile.gif

It's too bad ABU doesn't sell kit reels, kind of like a Heath Kit for fishermen.

Some dealers are assembling reels from factory parts. I could do that. Sell me a bag of Swedish parts. I could mark mine "Assembled in Beaverton".wink.gif