Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Budfrog40

Let's see your fish caught through the ice

47 posts in this topic

View PostCaught this Pic on Sunday. It's one of four I caught.

Friend caught an 8.4 pounder Pike. Sure hope we have ice this coming weekend but I doubt it.

Attachment 316561

Is that pennwarner I know it usually freezes over pretty good about now and I see the houses in the background. If so hows everyone doing out there. There are some amazing catches through the ice every year there.biggrin.gif

View PostIs that pennwarner I know it usually freezes over pretty good about now and I see the houses in the background. If so hows everyone doing out there. There are some amazing catches through the ice every year there.biggrin.gif

Stripe,

Yes it is. Us Lakers are doing good. We had a little over two weeks of ice last year, but the fishing was tough. Too much bait in the water.

This year seems to be starting out good. Just need to have the lakes fishable, Ice or water.

Bud

thanx bud but one question y such a short ice season? nice fish as wellhighfive.gif in ct i can be on the ice up to 3-4 mabe 5 months weather pending and how balzy i choose to be tryin to get on the ice, last year i waded 20' out to get on the ice wich was still 6-8" not everyone will agree with my antics though.

View PostStripe,

Yes it is. Us Lakers are doing good. We had a little over two weeks of ice last year, but the fishing was tough. Too much bait in the water.

This year seems to be starting out good. Just need to have the lakes fishable, Ice or water.

Bud

Good to hear hopefully this year will be a good one what lake are you on in the pic? Manor?

View PostIs that pennwarner I know it usually freezes over pretty good about now and I see the houses in the background. If so hows everyone doing out there. There are some amazing catches through the ice every year there.biggrin.gif

Use to be good catches year round. Still need to be a member to fish there?

Whats going on at Levittown Lake? That place is probally a cesspool by now cwm27.gif

Man you guys are bringing back some memories cwm31.gif

View PostUse to be good catches year round. Still need to be a member to fish there?

Whats going on at Levittown Lake? That place is probally a cesspool by now cwm27.gif

Man you guys are bringing back some memories cwm31.gif

Yeah you still need to be a member unfortunately, but my friend has a lot and I go up there alot. It's an amazing fishery and the fish are just so big.drool.gif Levittown lake is another story I hate that place. It's just like a giant bowl with minimal structure and very few fish. Never catch much there yet they still persist to stock it with trout that most people can never catch. It's pretty trashy too. Usually people that go out there in jon boats and yaks catch a few decent fish though. I think shore anglers are limited in oppertunnity.smile.gif

View PostYeah you still need to be a member unfortunately, but my friend has a lot and I go up there alot. It's an amazing fishery and the fish are just so big.drool.gif Levittown lake is another story I hate that place. It's just like a giant bowl with minimal structure and very few fish. Never catch much there yet they still persist to stock it with trout that most people can never catch. It's pretty trashy too. Usually people that go out there in jon boats and yaks catch a few decent fish though. I think shore anglers are limited in oppertunnity.smile.gif

I wouldn't eat a fish out of there if it was the last supper. Sounds like it hasnt changed much then.