Followers 0
c4charlie

HDMI Cables

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Little,

I still have a hard time with XLR's.... smile.gif

cwm27.gif

I did a facility once where the integrator had us make all the DB25 control cables....

Said it was cost efficient.

View PostWhere do you buy them from?

Just about anywhere, if you're in a hurry try walmart, if not buy em off the web- go a little longer in length than what you think you need.

View Postmonoprice

yup

item # 4026 High Speed HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified Cable 28AWG - 6ft w/Ferrite Cores (Gold Plated Connectors) - WHITE

many others listed, in different colors and lengths

Yeah I am a hack too! But the voodoo about hdmi is debunked as far as I am concerned. I have seen 10 different cables from the same manufacturer, same batch, etc etc, and none of them show the same clock speeds, and the ones I have had built or built myself are all in the same ballpark.

HDMI is nothing more than an electronically balanced DVI signal, and if you are going from the Cable box 6 feet to the tv, chances of hurting that signal are almost zero.

View Post

HDMI is nothing more than an electronically balanced DVI signal, and if you are going from the Cable box 6 feet to the tv, chances of hurting that signal are almost zero.

Agreed

Guys, thanks so much. Great prices, just what I was looking for and I am ordering now.

I have always been told not to go to the Tavern because the people there are Stoopid. cwm13.gif

It is not true!biggrin.gif

I just ordered one yesterday from Amazon. I usually use monoprice but with the free trial of Amazon Prime I currently have, 2 day shipping is free. A single 2M v1.3 w/ ferrite was $5.99 delivered. The same thing from monoprice would've been over $7 by the time you add shipping, and would've taken 5-6 days to get here.