Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Hairy Beast

Dem's 2010 Strategy Revealed: They're Going To Run Against Bush!

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

In this forum we call it the "b...b...but BUSH..." response. The Dems are going run their entire 2010 campaign on it.

From the new Tucker Carlson site Daily Caller :

Democrats swear its not 1994 all over. From the way they're talking, you'd think it was 2006.

Top Democrats are reformatting one of the main talking points from the year they took back the House and Senate, tying opponents in local elections to George W. Bush.

Well, the GOP won two elections on 911, so why not? Of course the difference there was that Republicans played to their strength as well as against the perceived weakness of their opponent.

It is the logical next step in the Democratic narrative of the last several years, which has used as its cornerstone the belief that Bush has been and remains their most effective foil.

That proved true in 2006 and 2008, but Democrats this year are facing anti-incumbent sentiment among the electorate that rivals that of 2006, when the nation was fed up with the Bush administration. Only this time, Democrats are in the cross-hairs.

This year the Dems have no strengths to play for at all - only the weakness of the other guy - who's not running anyway!

They will attempt to run on job creation initiatives and the passage of health-care reform, but at this point it is still questionable whether those issues are assets or liabilities to Democrats. (
Good luck with that! - HB
)

Attack is one of their remaining options.

"We will not allow this to be an election just about Democrats," said Sen.
of New Jersey, the chairman of the
, in an interview.

Yeah, that would be suicide!

Fear mongering is all they got. A kangaroo straight ain't exactly a pat hand. shakehead.gifwink.gif

This fall, they actually have a record to explain. 'Hope & Change' ain't gonna' feed the Bulldog this time around! cwm27.gif ''Blame Bush' will more than likely be viewed as desperately lame.

'The Emperor has no clothes.' cwm13.gif

Funny how Obama got in yelling change, change, change, yet anytime he drops the ball (about every 36 hours) he says that's the way Bush did it. Is he the agent of change or not? You can't have it both ways. It seems he doesn't have a problem changing America to a second rate third world country but when it comes to changing national security policies (which served us well for 8 years) that he claims are the problem, he's handcuffed. Obama's running out of stupid people to buy his excuses.

The lefties are too stupid to realize that if the country could choose between Bush and "The Messiah" today, they'd probably vote for Bush... and then go weep for having such a lousy choice to make.

In the words of a great American

"Bring it on!"

The dems are panicing into the "Silly Wabbit" mode.

I saw Brown interview on FOX this morning. He looks good and sounds better.

I didn't realize the percentage of Independent voters was so high in MA.

There are three dems for every republican registered, but there are more indpendents than democrats.

Coakley got the widows indorsement, but the bump she received may not be enough to win.

Keep your eyes on your local graveyards. Their might be some mass ressurrections in the State of MA soon.

Seems to be the way to win elections lately.

Speak little of yourself and speak lots about the bad stuff of others.

Then again, do they have any other choice? Do either parties have anything to promote from themselves?

Maybe there should be some Scott Brown or Joe Kennedy signs in the cemeteries to try and win the dead vote. I would love to see a photo in the papers showing political signs in the cemetery with a caption "trying to swing the vote".

View PostIn this forum we call it the "b...b...but BUSH..." response. The Dems are going run their entire 2010 campaign on it.

whereas the GOP would love to pretend that Bush never existed and that the country won't be paying for their mistakes for some years to come.

the GOP have given no sign that they have learnt anything from the Bush years, so moderates have no reason to vote them back in even if they are currently unsure about Obama.

We have 10 months of economic recovery before the mid terms, so I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet wink.gif

View Postwhereas the GOP would love to pretend that Bush never existed and that the country won't be paying for their mistakes for some years to come.

the GOP have given no sign that they have learnt anything from the Bush years, so moderates have no reason to vote them back in even if they are currently unsure about Obama.

We have 10 months of economic recovery before the mid terms, so I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet wink.gif

The Bush years might be remembered with some fondness once the totality of democratic spending and resultant trillion dollar debt sinks in. Then there's the genius that decided to try the 9/11 terrorists in Manhattan.

Throw in an Iranian nuclear weapon and there's not a lot to cheer about.

My bet is that the Dem's would soon like to pretend the Obama days never happened. Except for the speeches. The stage set in Denver was a knockout. cwm27.gif

OBAMA-Denver-A.jpg

but but but the debt ~~~~~~~~~~

Washington (CNN) -- President Nixon's campaign strategists hoped to create controversy among Democrats by fueling a push for a black candidate for the White House ahead of the 1972 elections, according to documents released Monday by the National Archives.

Among the materials is a strategy paper titled "Dividing the Democrats" found in the files of Nixon aide H. R. Haldeman, dated October 5, 1971.

The paper, signed only as being from "RESEARCH," laid out perceived problems among Democrats that the GOP could use in helping Republican candidates, including Nixon, the incumbent president.

Among the tactics the document called for is the distribution of bumper stickers that "should be spread out in the ghettoes of the country" calling for "black presidential and especially vice presidential candidates."

SP - There is no connection between your 39 year old "I wonder who wrote that thought" and the current environment the Dems find themselves in.

The President of the US is Black. How do you connent the dots of some unknown 40 year old comment to Barak hussien Obama? Are you telling us that his success at the polls last year was a Nixonian sleeper plot, or What?

MA Senator Brown said it is the peoples seat and not the democrats seat.

Any comments on the MA legislature's silly putty approach to swearing in Brown if he wins. They are so afraid that he will win that they are gerrymandering the number of days before he is sworn in because they need that vote for the really screwd up Health Care Reform Act.

IMHO the Dem Machine in MA is pissing the average guy off with their heavy handed attempt to protect the HC vote in DC. That in its self should get the independent vote out in MA by grand numbers.

They are poisoning the waters with their constant screwing around with the rules in MA. The democract ineptitude in the past year has brought them down to a every race for the House or Senate is a must win at any cost.

As far as running against Bush, Obama has hosted 3 terriorist attacks in this nation in 11 months and that is after a 8 year perfect defense by George Bush.

Hell of a comparison, isn't it. The problem is that "if you say 9/11 was Bush's fault after less than 8 months in office, then you have to assign blame to Obama for the thre we have had in his first year. From 9/11/01 till

a radical Muslim terrorist killed two innocent young soldiers just out of boot camp there were no successful radical attacks against Americans in America.

Looks like that comparison will be easily absorbed by the voters.

Trippling the deficet in the first 90 day of the Obama Administration makes the Bush spending years look like small change. Another comparison that doesn't make Obama's fiscal record shine compared to Bush.

And now we are gettting racist comments made by Harry Ried and Bill Clinton

coming to light. "People like him would be bringing us coffee" uttered by Bill Clinton is a gift from the "oh so correct" slimey dem leadership.

It makes Teddy look good, but that insult is a thousand times worse than Harry Reid's "Light skinned Negro" remark when you look at it.

And that my friend is only two years old not some remark uttered by an unknown person almost 4 decades ago.

I can't believe you are so short of ammo that you have to go back to a source so old, bland and unprovable. Could it be that all the "But, but Bush accusations posted on this political site have already been dealth with?

There will be 4 Republican seats up for grabs in November in the Senate Races and there are 9 Democrat seats exposed and shakey. Two Dem Senators are already laying the bricks down to spend more time with thier families and Reid and Boxer are losing groud and populatity every day.

The failure of the Obama plans for our economy and his rudderless leadership and control of the majority Congress he has to use is causing a tremendous rift in the Donkey Party. He still hasn't passed the Health Bill! That god awful piece of unmittigate garbage he said had to be passed before Memorial Day, then Labor Day, Holloween, and Christmas.

It still isn't a done deal and two more Dem senators are in poor favor at home for taking what is now being look at as bribes for their vote. Their Govenors ar publicly opposing their bribes. Not good, SP, not good at all.

I don't wish to up set you, but your party is falling apart before your very eyes.

Sarah Palin is now a FOX News contributor. The screaming and gagging by the Obermans, Matthews and Madows about her being put on the same level as they was most amusing. Pundit Palin really has your media crowd peeing in their pants.

She is now in a position to develop her style as she rebutts comments by Obama, Reid and Pelosi. Palin is receiving a paycheck and is working with a news organization that has the best researchers and largest audience in the world.

Takes a lot off her back and gives her a bullly pulpit to snuff attacks and oppose trends that she feels are not good for the nation.

She annnounced last inght that she will not be taking fees for speaking at political events. She believes that the Republican candidates and Tea Party organizers can use that money to beat Democrats at the polls in 2010 and beyond.

The Dem's might like to run against Bush, but they will have to get thru Palin and other high profile Conservatives to make their' "But, but Bush" invectiveness even matter.

Have you notices how many Bush plans they didn't like before the 2008 election, have remained in place to protect the nation from terrorist attack?

There are more than enough "we are ending this program" followed by a Obama announcement that that particular policy is needed to protect the nation to give Bush plenty of facts to point our, should he decide to step up and defend his policies in comparison to Obama's.

Each time Obama did that he assummed the responsibility to do just what Bush did so well.

cwm31.gif get used to this symbol. You will see it used more and more to highlight democrat pols in trouble or being asked to commit hari kari for the Party.

If Sen. Brown wins in MA, Barney Frank will be the next dangerous buffoon to decide not to run or have a strong contender step up and clean his clock in MA the next time he runs.

The Kennedy's who mattered in MA are all historical figures now.

The majority of registered voters in MA are younger than the old Dem faithful. They are also proud to be independents.

Scairy, huh? biggrin.gif

Biggestsquid posted "Best Nixon bumper sticker---- "Dick Nixon --- before he dicks you" I'll never forget it."

BS, may I call you that? I was there and never saw that bumpersticker. Was it a real deal in Bluebell, PA? I remember that Nixon won that election and carried PA doing it.

biggrin.gif Just trading 40 year old chuckles wid ya, BS. wink.gif

View Postbut but but the debt ~~~~~~~~~~

Some of us are more comfortable with tens of trillions of dollars in debt than others. I balance my checkbook weekly. I cannot live by the standards of either party. Your democrats have simply exacerbated an already unacceptable level of spending. Like Alref E. Neuman used to say, "What, me worry?"