Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Renegade6

Pig-lovin kid.......

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

So i made 3 racks of babybacks on the kettle Sunday...

As I'm prepping them, my 3 year old is watching me take the silverskin off, asks what it is... and I explain to her that its the lining on the inside of the pig's chest cavity, inside the ribs, between the chest and the lungs...

She is listening intently and feeling her own rib cage up and down..... i can see the light bulbs going off..... (she loves being involved with any aspect of butchering, cleaning fish....etc... and making the connection to body parts....) She has no misconceptions at all of where food comes from!

She grosses out her older boy cousins on family trips by demanding to open the stomach of kept fish and handle the contents.... identifying and displaying whatever is in there....

Last night I get a call at work... " Guess what your daughter asked for for dinner?" " she wants more PIG" music to my ears! :-)

This year we are going to work on understanding the concept of catch and release more.... she is always heartbroken if I release anything, she wants to keep, kill and eat everything........

now if i could only get my ribs to come out as good as Little's ( yes John, she did point out that yours were better than mine....)

Happy new year everyone

That's awesome. Too many people (adults included) have no idea where their food comes from. Hopefully you've started your child toward being a well rounded and practical person.clapping.gif

Good stuff.

My two year old enjoys eating, moo, oink oink and gobble gobble. I have been identifying her foods to her by the animal noise before she could say the animal's names.

sam