Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sufrangler

Thankyou

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Thankyou Sol for the best gift a Passport to surf fishing

After saving money for a long time almost 3 yrs and still not raising enough to import a good combo I had almost lost hope of getting one but just then SOLers started helping me and donated a whole bunch of lures one for every situation and luck even got better after my exams I just paid a visit to the only tackle shop in mumbai that I know fortunately he had some penn stuff at American rate (Its like dream come true it takes twice the retail price to get stuff from America). and now finally I have my surf fishing setup

A penn spinfisher rod 10ft and a penn captiva reel cv8000 .

I want to give special thanks to

1)Ben Kilmer

2)Maruthu

for their generocity all the lures In the following pictures have been donated by them

I also wish to thank

Jimmy Z

Awesome John

Maruthu

Medic

Ben Lippen

and many more for patiently answering my stupid questions

And ofcourse TimS for making and maintaining this wonderful place called SOL

I just hope I can make justice to these lures

Now that you got to get your butt there and catch some fish.

I need to mention a couple of things that can be overlooked while you are a beginner.

Use good quality line with appropriate leader/shock leader and learn to tie knots that you can trust.

PS: I would request a pic with some shirt on next time you post a pic .... LOL

yes just make you do them honor by getting out their and fishing, even if you don't catch! study your knots, ask more questions about EVERYTHING, learn how to read the water. you'll get out what you put in and you look like you're off to a good start smile.gif

I used a spinfisher rod for many years and it had served me well, as it will also you.Theres no other sport that excites me the way this sport does, as you will soon find out.All the best.wink.gif

View PostNow that you got to get your butt there and catch some fish.

I need to mention a couple of things that can be overlooked while you are a beginner.

Use good quality line with appropriate leader/shock leader and learn to tie knots that you can trust.

PS: I would request a pic with some shirt on next time you post a pic .... LOL

I have bought 1mm mono and going to use as a leader and I am going fishing this saturday at rocks I think the yo zuri you sent me will produce some hits there from the MJ s .I know the technique to use most of the lures except for the wooden lures in the top