Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TF3

Our first W!!

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Last year was my first year coaching boys 3-4th grade basketball. We're a small town with a very small pool of kids to pull from and all I had were 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders. We were 0-10redface.gif

This year I have all the same kids. I started practicing a little earlier and got about 10 in before our opener last Thursday which we lost 23-11. We were down 11-9 at the half and very much in the game, but they ran outta gas in the second halfredface.gif

Tonight we were down 13-4 at the half and things weren't looking so good, especially after losing my point guard just before halftime, but the kids stepped up and we held them to 2 points in the second half and won 16-15biggrin.gif

I was very proud!

It was very cool! These kids had never won a basketball game, and nobody really knew how to react. It was chaosbiggrin.gif

With 2 minutes to go the other team put a full court press on. Well, we've never practiced that part of the game because we've never needed tooredface.gif and they did great......they didn't panic.