Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Pats fans generally don't like the Jets or Chargers...

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

...so who is your 'lesser evil' to root for? For me, it would have to be the Jets; something about San Diego just stinks of 'please lose'...maybe it's that putz of a running back of their's...the one who has to steal his nick name from a true great...LTkooky.gif

Jets fans hate list: 1. Dolphins 2. Patriots 3. Cowboys 4. Bills

I assume the Pats fans hate 1. JEts or Fins 2. Phins or Jets 3. Cowboys 4. Bills

dolphins hate 1. JEts 2. Pats 3. Cowboys 4. Bills

Bills fans hate 1. Bills 2. Pats 3 JEts 4 Phins 5. Wide right

I Can't imagine any PAt fan, under any circumstances rooting for the JEts or DOlphins. Teh Chargers? Who gives a rats ass about them?

View PostJets fans hate list: 1. Dolphins 2. Patriots 3. Cowboys 4. Bills

I assume the Pats fans hate 1. JEts or Fins 2. Phins or Jets 3. Cowboys 4. Bills

I Can't imagine any PAt fan, under any circumstances rooting for the JEts or DOlphins. Teh Chargers? Who gives a rats ass about them?

I think your 1 & 2 for teams for Pats fan to hate are probably accurate...However, I would think Indy is somewhere up above the Cowboys and even Bills

View PostJets fans hate list: 1. Dolphins 2. Patriots 3. Cowboys 4. Bills

biggrin.gif Sure seems like the Dolphins come up number one on the hate lists of most Jets fans. Why is that? You cant all still be reliving the mud bowl like Sudsy. Unlike Sudsy and I some of the Jets fans here cant be old enough to have lived through that game.

Is it simply because Miami was the more dominant team in the AFC EAst over the last 40 years(or roughly since the Jets SB win)?

As for playoff rooting and being a Miami fan......I have no qualms rooting for the Jets. Especially when they're playing a bunch o' dudes from socal.

As for my personal NFL hate list.........the Cowgirls.......with second place not even in sight........while I would root for Dallas over a team of Nazi's, I doubt I would enjoy the win.wink.gif

Hate Jets, Giants, Fins .

and Mangina <Wuss boy soft as soft gets .

I like Green Bay & Minnesota and when either of them 2 play Chicago .

Lots of history in those rivals ,always a good watch .

I do not hate any team or any team's fan. However, I have to say if the J.E.T.S go out west and lose the game I would not feel bad.

Funny, if the J.E.T.S win then the game against the Colts would be sort of like a no lose proposition, because whichever team loses I will not feel bad.

I would root for the Ravens over the Jets, but only because I have some family members in PA who are Ravens fans and they live with Family members who are Steelers and Eagle fans and it would give them the upperhand for the next year.

Whichever team represents the AFC in the Superbowl I will root for them, even if it is just a little. wink.gif

I remember the mudbowl well, I was in college, it was '81 or '82. I still think that team was better than the '98 team that choked in Denver, thanks to Belichick's defense. They were all in their prime.

Anyone remember in '98 that Elway opened the 2nd half with that bomb, the exact same play they opened the 2nd half with the week before. Belichick should have been prepared.

I still don't know why Walt Michaels was fired after the mudbowl, but he was a damn good coach. That team had the sack exchange and Freeman Mcneil, Wes Walker, Rich Caster. Richard Todd was a solid but not spectacular QB.

T

View PostI hate the Jets above all others. I'd root for a team of Nazis first.

Feeling is mutal among JEtS fans.

I would rather root for Dallas or Miami than NE, and I despise those teams.

First sign of how bad you team is? When you are talking about rooting for other teams.

Enjoy the playoffs NE fans, maybe you can tailgate with Giant and Eagle fans and talk about the past.

First and foremast, the Jets are my team. 1-15 or otherwise, it's hard to imagine just giving up on a team for good.

My distaste or like for teams varies depending on the players and the success of the team. I actually liked San Diego up until this weekend because of Rivers. He's a great player and competitor, liked him at NC State too. I used to like the Lions when Barry Sanders was there. I even liked the Girls when Emmitt was thereredface.gif (Go Gators). When it comes to two neutral teams, invariably it's the underdog who I'll root for, unless the outcome affects the Jets. My hierarchy for hate at the moment is:

1> Patriots

2> Patriots

3> Patriots

4> Colts

5> Dolphins--I've gone soft since Pennington went there, but the hate was deep from the Mud Bowl right through the Marino years.

6> Cowboys

7> Bills--Still some old scabs festering.

Teams I like when they're not playing the Jets:

Arizona (Warner)

Saints (Brees)

Ravens (old school team)

Giants, except for the fans that rail about the Jets. They can be a turnoff.

Detroit--Everybody likes a stray dog that doesn't bite.

I will never hate another team as much as I hate Miami

NE comes damned close now (Belichick is a no-personality 525) and something about Kraft irks me as well.

Jets fans used to hate Buffalo much more then NE but the Bills have been crap for so long the hatred built in the early '90's has somewhat faded.

There are a few NFC teams I like, and a few AFC teams I respect. They change from year to year depending on the players and management.

I've always liked Green Bay, I guess it's the history.

I've really enjoyed watching the Saints this year and would like to see them get to the big game.

I also like Payton Manning and I really liked Tony Dungy, but I'm still not totally over some of the Jets losses to Indi when they were in the AFC East, always key games to lousy Indi teams.

I respect the Ravens. I've always been a fan of run the ball and play defense smash mouth football and no recent team has done that for as long as the Ravens have.

I certainly respected most of the players on the Cowboy teams all the way back to Meredith/Staubach, just the marketing ploy of America's team I hated so much. Cant say that Landry and his sour personality ever did much for me either. So a case of respect the players while rooting hard for the other team.

The other teams may have had a player or two I disliked over the years but thats about it, no team that I hate. Once Miami's season is over, I'll just about always root for the underdog in playoff games.

Sudsy.........going from Buff to NE seems about right, Bills had some teams that basically ruled the AFC for maybe 5-6 years with Kelly and company. They just always came up short in the SB.

Croix......mud bowl was the 82 season, it was the year after the famous Chargers Dolphins playoff game is how I always remembered. As the for mud bowlsmile.gif , I have no idea whether anyone ordered the tarp left off or what, tho I can certainly understand Jet fans saying *** at the time. Whether or not Shula stole a page from the Al Davis playbook I dont know. I do know(pretty sure anyway since its been a whilebiggrin.gif ) that MIami, without any kind of a muddy field, beat the Jets twice that year during the regular season.