Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
temoniprince

Tel Aviv Jetty

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Hope i am not spot burning in Israel lol. This is where i went fishing 2 years back Its really big most poeple dont beilve it when they see it. pleanty enough room to share. I seen up to like 40 + people on it at once and not 1 person complained and got tangled.

View PostWhat do they catch there?

They catch garabge....A thropy is a fish exceeding 5" in length...Its a total joke... If you look very carefully none of these guys have a reel...

This spot is even better...

View Postwhy are the rods so long??? HOw are they catching??

Because theres no reel. There's either a fixed line at the end or there's guides and a hand line. You can't tremendously far without a reel to store your line, so the rods are long..

View PostThey catch garabge....A thropy is a fish exceeding 5" in length...Its a total joke... If you look very carefully none of these guys have a reel...

Really it's that bad??? Why??

View PostHuh? I never knew that. How's the fishing offshore?

Fishing is bad..Fish farming is the best you can find...These guys are genious in growning fish in farms...

This is the kind of fish they sell in the market by the sea...

View PostFishing is bad..Fish farming is the best you can find...These guys are genious in growning fish in farms...

This is the kind of fish they sell in the market by the sea...

It does not ALL look Kosher smile.gif

View Postit looks like you should be using a 2 foot ice fishing rod to catch anything. that's sad

As a kid I used to fish on top of the pipe that spilled the sewer of Jaffa to the ocean. The fish were little bigger. Not as big as here but one pound fish was a very nice fish to bring home. During that time the offshore fishermen were catching nice size fish such as groupers. The pipe is gone a long time ago and the fish got much smaller. Polution is also a big problem in the Mediterranean. The hook size they are using is the same size we use here for sabiki rigs.

But hey...don't feel sorry for them..they got the most sexiest girls over there...each one of them is Bar Refaelibiggrin.gif

Tim, you're missing a great opportunity here. With all the diversity on the site, you could start a travel agency specializing in fishing destinations. When it's too cold to fish in the northeast USA we could do junkets to Israel, India, China, etc. The potential is endless. You could bring world peace through fishng. Armies would disarm in favor of fishing rods. World peace would finally come about. You'd win the Nobel Peace Prize. The potential is endless! highfive.gif