Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crabbypatty

Home Cheepo Tool Score

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I am helping a friend finish his basement, so we went to the depot this morning to get some sheetrock and they were having a clearance sale. Check out these deals:

5500 watt generac generator Orig $599 sale $299 he bought two

18 volt dewalt drill, homeowner model, orig $139.99 sale 69.99 he grabed 4

18 volt drill/ sawzall combo orig $199 sale $99 grabbed one

black and decker angle grinders 2 pack orig $39.99 sale $19 one two pack please

We went in for 10 sheets of 3/8 rock and some odds and ends and left with over a grand worth of stuff we didn't need, but couldn't pass up!

The only thing we should have grabbed was a Rigid 10" granite top table saw, orig $599 sale $299.........just really didn't need it

I could have spent a lot more if I tried. We have been looking at generators all along but the high price out the skids on it. I actually called my brothers and sister to let them know about the sale. So how much is it going to cost me to have it hooked up to the house?

Cabo

My benchtop table saw just died so I went to check out the Ridgid table saw and the thing was a beast. Great for a shop, not for portable use. They had a nice 12" drill press I was eyeballing for 1/2 price.

View PostI could have spent a lot more if I tried. We have been looking at generators all along but the high price out the skids on it. I actually called my brothers and sister to let them know about the sale. So how much is it going to cost me to have it hooked up to the house?

Cabo

To do it correctly, you need a transfer switch to isolate your house from the grid. to do it the way most people do, run a cord or two in a window and plug in the nessities, like the fridge and freezer maybe a lamp or two. With some mickey mouse electrical work, you could hook it up to ypur furnace or boiler, but IT MUST BE DISCONNECTED FROM THE PANEL< IF NOT YOU COULD FRY A LINEMAN DOWN THE STREET! ALSO DO NOT RUN IT IN THE HOUSE OR GARAGE OR BASEMENT OR ANYWHERE WHERE THE FUMES COULD ENTER THE HOME AND KILL> CO IS NASTY STUFF