Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devince

A new motorcycle

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Last summer when gas was fast approaching $3.00 I had enough of spending $90.00 to fill up my Dodge 1500 4wd . I saw an ad for leftover suzuki 600 Katana's . Brand new in the crate for $5000 - great bargain and sporty enough to fill my need for speed . I go to the dealer do the papers and the sales guy tells me he will call me when it's ready . When he calls and says your bike is put together and ready to go I call my dad for a ride . My dad is 69 years old but has rode since the '50's . He was hard core back in the day , rode thru any weather any season but has not been on a bike in years . We get to the dealers and my brand new blue and white Katana is sitting rite out front . The salesman informs me that they sent some one to get gas . Thier gas truck is out on a service call . As the saleman and I smoke a cig we walk away from the bike . Then I hear a crash and look at my new baby - laying down on the asphalt and my dad is on the ground ! We rush over and I help my dad up and we get the bike up the left side plastic is all scratched up and dad is saying , there's something wrong with that kickstand . He tried to sit on the bike and put his wieght on the handlebars and knocked it off the kickstand . Man I love my dad but if that had been a buddy I would have punched him . So dad OK bike is scratched I ride it home 16 miles . Next day I'm trying to back it out of a narrow shed , wearing flip flops . My foot slips it falls to the right and hits my work bench . So my bike is 24 hours old and is scratched and has a dent in the gas tank .It's like 25 degrees out and I was just standing in the shed smokin and looking at my bike wishing I could be riding even though she's a little beat up . I guess she's gonna be a beater bike . Every one try to stay warm until it is warm enough to get out there and RIDE!

If all you were going to do was drop the bike on the ground, you could have spent $1000 on a previously owned bike, and put the rest in a healthcare flexible spending account (it sounds like you're going to need this).