Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddy

what words should Reid have used?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I could have used a better choice of words
That's part of Reid's comments/apology.

What would have been a better choice of words?

encouragement of Obama was unequivocal. He was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama - a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one,

View PostIs he a credit to his race just because he became president? How else is he a credit to his race?

I think he was filling in the blank

"With no"...credit to his racewink.gif

some things are stupid to say.

some things are said in confidence.

it was stupid for Reid to ever say those things to a reporter, off the record or otherwise.

the analysis is accurate though.

I'm sure if you have an honest discussion of the intangibles of any politician it might be awkward to have that discussion made public.

I'm sure how Sarah Palin looks in a skirt was factored in to McCain's decision to make her his running mate.

He should have said he was an idiot old man with racial tendencies that cant help himself.

Cant wait for the old timers to retire off and take their ignorant racial issues with them

how about we call it what it is a person who exemplifies the American dream a son of a foreign national who was raise by a single month picked himself up by the boot straps and got the best education money could buy when went on to become president.

View PostEverything he said after "black presidential candidate" was stupid and in poor form. It smacks heartily of racism and bigotry. He'd have been fine if he'd have stopped there.

why?

tactically speaking he was right.

Obama is different than Jesse Jackson..

racism isn't an either/or proposition, it's a matter of degree,

and many people who WOULD NOT vote for a dark skinned Black man who had a lot of ethnic stereotypes in his character COULD vote for Obama who does not.

it's not easy to express this fact and not seem bigotted,

View Posthow about we call it what it is a person who exemplifies the American dream a son of a foreign national who was raise by a single month picked himself up by the boot straps and got the best education money could buy when went on to become president.

I was wondering about that. What did he pay for that education, do you know?