Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J

Ice...

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I spent the better part of the afternoon going in circles with the snowblower out on the backyard pond. Lights will go up in the morning and I plan on spraying the surface down with the garden hoseto fill some imperfections.

Gonna set up a picnic table out there, a fire pit and maybe even drop down a temporary carpeted floor to make it comfortable to put on the skates.

Kids will be having some great fun in the next day or two with all the skating highfive.gif We all hate winter and this should ease the pain some...

Neighbors are all looking forward to it too. Most of them stopped by to lend a hand (when I was just about done).

Pics tomorrow....

My favorite part of the picture is how the guy and his neighbor collaborated enough to take the fence down to put up the rink. Says something there.

Have fun, Jay. We're going to try and hit a pond tomorrow as well.

View PostIs that yours!?! eek.gif

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif Nah, somewhere up in the great white north where it makes sense to invest in the time, effort and dollars needed.

I'm envious...No way can I even think of skating now but I'll be out there helping and serving hot drinks and snacks... With my korkers biggrin.gif

I fall down, it's lights out cwm31.gif

Planning on a big skating party for Friday night...

View PostI'm envious...No way can I even think of skating now but I'll be out there helping and serving hot drinks and snacks... With my korkers biggrin.gif

If you fall on the ice you're not allowed to post about how much pain you're in, OK? cwm13.gif

View PostIf you fall on the ice you're not allowed to post about how much pain you're in, OK? cwm13.gif

I reserve my right to *****,moan,groan and complain... moon.gif

I am drooling over that rink in the backyard. Grew up playing street hockey and then roller hockey and also on frozen ponds in the cold winters.

Tomorrow my old time buddy going back to elementary school is coming over for Rangers/Devils game. He's a Devils fan and I am Rangers so it is always a fun time. I remember when we each had tee shirts "I root for the Rangers and anyone that plays the Devils!" He had the opposite. Back then we went to a lot of the games, now we get together a few times a year and watch them on the big screen. Brings back some good memories.

Just woke up, couldn't sleep. Looked out the bathroom window and there's a deer standing in the middle of the pond.

I was hoping to see it do a Bamby but it just walked off without slipping.

Maybe next time... biggrin.gif

View PostI'm envious...No way can I even think of skating now but I'll be out there helping and serving hot drinks and snacks... With my korkers biggrin.gif

Did you look at the temperature forecast? cwm31.gif

Good to see you are up to doing this kind of stuff though! clapping.gif