Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
striperboy10

head up vs tail up?

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

i just got my new surf bag (small shimano bluewave) and i was wondering if i should put plugs in so there facing up or should i hang the hook from the insert? the inserts are pretty long and when i dropped a bomber in bottom first i could barely grab the head of it. just wondering which way everone prefers!

dont know nothing about surf bag....dont own one, dont surf fish much. But to me, It be right tp have head up. You know what you pickin out? maybe IMHO

I will check back, to see if I made a fool of myself.biggrin.gif

View Posti forgot too mention that when i walk/run theres alot of banging is this normal? (first surf bag)

I bubble wrap all my lures to keep them from bouncing around in my surf bag, I used to use packing peanuts but that got real old after awhile.

View PostI bubble wrap all my lures to keep them from bouncing around in my surf bag, I used to use packing peanuts but that got real old after awhile.

you need to unwrap it everytime you want to use a lure?

I keep my metal lip swimmers head up in the surf bag, becuase I've had metal lips get bent from being head down (don't ask me how, but trust me they were bent). As for all other types of plugs, it really doesn't matter, head up or head down, which ever uses less room.

I have the Shimano bag and it depends on what plugs I'm using. Most of them go in head first tho.

Great bag. Super strong velcro. I got tossed by a wave in November, landed 20 feet from the rock I was on, fell on the bag. None of the tubes cracked and the velcro stayed put. Great product for short $ IMO.

head up. i know a guy who goes the other way, and when we're fishing i can hear him untangling his plugs all night. the only odd thing i do with my bag is put my needles in the corner tubes so that they can stick out of the side of the top flap, so i can securely close the top.

View PostI bubble wrap all my lures to keep them from bouncing around in my surf bag, I used to use packing peanuts but that got real old after awhile.

golden you are a cruel man. wink.gif

Most of my metal lips go in head up. more slender lures like bombers tail up. I try to utilize as much space as possible. It is normal for some of the plugs to bang around. Don't worry the bluefish wont mind at all.biggrin.gif

Good luck.