Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martin28

Cancun fishing

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Im going down to Cancun February 16th for a week. I would like to do some shore fishing. Since im going with my family and im only 15 im limited to fishing time and supplies. So far im looking to bring a 7 ft ugly stick with 200 yards of 20 lb Berkley big game, and maybe buy a 10 ugly stick with about 260 yards of 25 lb line. Worth it? Now for lures my parents wont let me buy a lot since 1 im only there a week and 2 its a family trip so i cant fish the whole time. Now this is what i was thinking of bringing. 2 DOA shrimps(need to no what color, size) A couple of white/red bucktails(size?) 2 T-Hex metals(1-2oz) some berkley gulp shrimp(color?,size?) How do i rig it? and 2 spoons but i need some examples and sizes of them. Also wheres it best to fish from shore down there? What lures do i use in certian places? I would love to catch some small jacks and barracudas. When do i fish? Also i was thinking of putting a bottom rig on my 10' pole if i get it or even my 7' pole with some shrimp i can get from maybe a buffe in my resort. worth it? will it catch anything? Any other tips of fishing in cancun would be great!! ( other lures places etc.) Also might do a charter. Better to do it in the lagoon or ocean? Thanks guys. im not fishing for a certian fish. I LOVE fishing and would like to catch anything!!!! -Steve .......Also are the waves big down there? im staying in the Great Parnassus Resort AND SPA in the hotel zone on the carribean sea. any reviews? thanks again!!!! ive read all the other cancun post but i need spacifics!

Steve, I gave you 4 pages of info that i put together for someone going to fish in cancun. If that's not enough for a 15 year old to work on, i don't know how much more i could do. http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=704546

You need to do some of your own home work. Google is my best friend when i'm going fishing in a new area. You have had the luxury of guys helping u out here and we've giving u what we have and what we know.

The 'Come on' posts are a little insulting to the board it's like a 'what the F'. You won't get help in the future if you keep that up.

My advice would be, re-read the above post, do some homework on what is there and you'll be fine. Go out, try everything u bring and you'll learn what works for you for where you are fishing. You have have more than I ever had going down there.

Good luck, have a good time and give a report when you get home.

PS.. i do have one question, how you taking your rods down?

-Keith