TF3

McGwire admits it??

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I believe there is more to this story....all of a sudden he wants to do the

right thingheadscratch.gif

I think somebody was going to drop the ball on him with hard proof, and he

just beat them to it..

But i could be wrong and he just may just want to come clean and be postive role modelcwm13.gifcwm27.gif

it'a about the HOF - has to come clean and do his pennance (aka blow the writers that vote) before they will allow him into the shrine that is cooperstown

Funny - Pete Rose is kept out due to gambling and many guys say they are going to keep out the Steroid bunch....

Ty Cobb and many others wouldn't be in the hall if the same rules applied now back then. kooky.gif

View Postit'a about the HOF - has to come clean and do his pennance (aka blow the writers that vote) before they will allow him into the shrine that is cooperstown

Funny - Pete Rose is kept out due to gambling and many guys say they are going to keep out the Steroid bunch....

Ty Cobb and many others wouldn't be in the hall if the same rules applied now back then. kooky.gif

Not sure about that. He is tarnished. Coming clean now, IMO wont help him in the Hall, it could actually hurt his chances for admitting being a cheater. Time should have been his savior, hoping people forget his issues down the road. You cant forget an admission to cheating though.

We will know soon enough if the Cards announce him as their next hitting coach.

tony larussa has hinted at the possibility of using Mac as a pinch hitter in the playoffs...small chance, but "not zero"...if he does, Mac's HOF ballot elligibilty will be post-poned for 5 years, then restart with his remaining 12 years of eligibility...by coming clean, and a 5 year wait, maybe HOF voters will be more forgiving...as of right now, he's only around 25% of the votes he needs to get it...

personally, i think him admitting he juiced for a decade pretty much kills any HOF chance he had...almost all of his stats are officially tainted...

View Posttony larussa has hinted at the possibility of using Mac as a pinch hitter in the playoffs...small chance, but "not zero"...if he does, Mac's HOF ballot elligibilty will be post-poned for 5 years, then restart with his remaining 12 years of eligibility...by coming clean, and a 5 year wait, maybe HOF voters will be more forgiving...as of right now, he's only around 25% of the votes he needs to get it...

personally, i think him admitting he juiced for a decade pretty much kills any HOF chance he had...almost all of his stats are officially tainted...

What?! Where the heck did you read that? I would be shocked anyone would want him to go at bat. He is not the physical guy he used to be.

The rumer I heard of him being a hitting coach is a bit more realistic.

Not saying you're wrong, but that would be insane IMO.

View PostWhat?! Where the heck did you read that? I would be shocked anyone would want him to go at bat. He is not the physical guy he used to be.

The rumer I heard of him being a hitting coach is a bit more realistic.

Not saying you're wrong, but that would be insane IMO.

i think Mac is now the hitting coach, i don't think thats a rumor...i read some quotes from Larussa on Yahoo sports this week i believe...he didn't say definitively yes he would pinch hit, but he left the possibility open...

View Postit'a about the HOF - has to come clean and do his pennance (aka blow the writers that vote) before they will allow him into the shrine that is cooperstown

Rose would get in if it was up to the writers. MLB is keeping him out--and, after all, Rose himself agreed to the permanent ban in return for MLB not going public with all of what they had on him.

It's the writers' prerogative to keep any of the steroid people out if they feel that PEDs artificially enhanced their numbers. There is no question that without the HR record he set, McGwire is bordeline HOF at best. Unlike Bonds who had HOF numbers before he went stratospheric.

View PostRumer has him being the hitting coach for the Cards.

Im guessing if he wants to work in the MLB, he had pressure to come clean first...

Whats he going to coach how to hit 250

View Posti think Mac is now the hitting coach, i don't think thats a rumor...i read some quotes from Larussa on Yahoo sports this week i believe...he didn't say definitively yes he would pinch hit, but he left the possibility open...

He IS the Cards hitting coach. That was part of the deal.....admit it and you have a job. The guy was a .250 hitter for the last 5 years of his career, not worth a roster spot.

The whole Rose thing is a joke. If he were going into the HOF as a coach things change, but he's going in as a player.

View PostRumer has him being the hitting coach for the Cards.

Im guessing if he wants to work in the MLB, he had pressure to come clean first...

Seems its not a rumer anymore. He is the hitting coach now.

Makes sense for him to come clean for it. You dont want him to be a distraction for the team. I'm sure it will start out as one, but Im sure the plan is to get it all talked out with the media before the regular season starts.

Smart move for him too. I think going the coaching road and fessing up together will give him the best chances of entering the HOF.

Mac has had the coaching spot for a while, think they announced it last month or even Nov. The part about putting him on the roster came from Laruss just recently in an interview, he talked about how it would be interesting to put MdGuire on the roster after Sep 1, he seemed serious at least.

Did he admit to hgh or steroids?