Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuperDave

I can't be the only one...

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

What plugs do you guys think are over priced and why? I get so, irate when i see how expensive mass produced plastic lures are being sold for, or how a handmade plug is pushed up in price into ridiculousness by greed. I figure this might help someone who has started plugging to, not step in a pile of BS>

All i have to think about is the sebile salt and sun serious and i cant help, but close my eyes and grit my teeth. 42$ for a popper, yeah thanks sebile, u already know where i would like u to shove that lure.mad.gif

With all due respects to the late Bob Pond, I think Atoms plugs are overpriced. Their construction seems to be very cheap and the prices don't seem to be inline with the quality.

View Post42$ for a popper, yeah thanks sebile, u already know where i would like u to shove that lure.mad.gif

HMM, maybe that is WHY they are expensive, a multy-tasking tool that can catch fish and be used for "personal needs". I never thought of that aplication, they should at least provide a sample of lubricant at the high prices they get.redface.gif

hahaha yeah maybe I'm wrong about the sebile popper. cwm27.gif

I agree about the atoms, prices being to high for components and quality. I get them at a Benny's for about 8-12$. Then change to 3/0 4x vmcs.

With that said, fishing in a good sweep this year, the atom jr. was my best go to plug. It out fished rm's and northbars. if u would have asked me at the beginning of the season i would have never guessed the jr. would catch so many 15-20# fish.

I don't mind paying the plugmakers good money for handcrafted plugs, because it sure looks like they've put some time and effort into them.

What is disconcerting is when a plug maker passes away and days later someone is selling one of his plugs for a good $30-50 more than it got prior. Just poor decorum, IMO.

View Posthahaha yeah maybe I'm wrong about the sebile popper. cwm27.gif

I agree about the atoms, prices being to high for components and quality. I get them at a Benny's for about 8-12$. Then change to 3/0 4x vmcs.

With that said, fishing in a good sweep this year, the atom jr. was my best go to plug. It out fished rm's and northbars. if u would have asked me at the beginning of the season i would have never guessed the jr. would catch so many 15-20# fish.

Right on Dave they are a very productive lure.I caught quite a few bass on them and nice size ones as well.With all the new stuff on the market these days i still carry them in with my pile of lures.

Over the years my son has taught me a lot about fishing, the most important was it's not what you have, it's how you use it.

When he was young he had a great tallent for catching trees, branches, rocks, docks, everything I didn't want him to catch he caught. Because of that he only used the cheapest lures I had, never the good ones. He almost always out fished me. He caught fish where there were none to be caught. As an example, fishing for smallmouth bass in up state Vermont 2 miles from the Canadian border he catches a 5 pound largemouth.

He's a young man today and has caught way more and bigger stripers than I ever have. His lures are still cheap compared to mine, but he knows how to use them and that's much more important than how expensive they are.