Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tagger

What are doing ?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

To get ready for next season .. Are you planning a trip ? messing with gear ? I'm making a few plugs ,, Old School Flaptails .. Thinking about taking up trout fishing ... get an early start .. need to gear up for that .. 4# test .. wooly boogers..

View PostTo get ready for next season .. Are you planning a trip ? messing with gear ? I'm making a few plugs ,, Old School Flaptails .. Thinking about taking up trout fishing ... get an early start .. need to gear up for that .. 4# test .. wooly boogers..

got a few bass this morning before i did a job, nothing big upto 4lbs or so, hopefully with this warming up we are gonna have over the next week i can get back out for some reds and trout over in the lagoon, been tying a ton of flys, and some tail hooks as well, hoping the next 4-5 months are really good for me so i can make the rip up in june for a few days atleast, last week put together about 100 small bucktails 1-1 1/2oz i had poured them before i sold my stuff, then picked up a huge lot from gary that were poured so i cleaned em all up, and started with the powder coating, still working on the tying now, back and forth between flys, jigs ,and tails, the tails are in hopes that you and a few other trolls come up with some small pencils to fit my likings, maybe a few small bottles and suck too, i dont see a jigging rod in my future for this season, so swimmers and such will be the name of the game for night times for me this year

Smelting Saturday. Doing a little rubber pouring in a couple weeks. Building a new cod reel and rod, going with a Boston Bruins black and Gold theme. Took on a new project that will start in the spring and I've been building all that stuff, Angler1 will appreciate the new hobby. I cleaned up the cave and looked at the stack of neglected fly rod tubes and decided to fish them more in '10, since I didn't swing them at all in '09. The sorry state of my fly boxes made me sit down at the bench and remember what it's like to tie. I used to guage my speed by tying one fly per song; either they're making songs shorter or I lost my edgecwm13.gif. I got clousers back in the old time but some of my go-to patterns are still taking too long. Derrick I got your call, I'll drop you a line this week, should be down in April.

View PostThe bride will LOVE that idea!!! Got to see mom, it's nice though cause she's about 10 minutes from Sebastian Inlet.

Mine too, although maybe not quite as much as yours. cwm27.gif

I'll be down in Ft. Lauderdale attending a wedding. I guess we're going to make a week of it. If we head north at all it'll probably be to that huge tourist trap w/ ears (her idea, not mine).

Hit up the East Bay Anglers show yesterday. Also picked up a rod that was getting wrapped for me while in RI. Want to make it to the RISSA show in March. I've decided to keep a saltwater fishing log this year. Picked up a notebook already so no excuses. Also planning family vacation time. I thought they would really like to spend more time by the ocean : )

I'm tentatively going to BI Memorial Day weekend to fish all weekend... I missed a Cutty trip last year and told the wife since I wanted to do Cutty I'd skip the BI offer .. She says "Why don't you do both ? "... She either has a boy friend or really loves me .. all works out .. I'm doing both .

anu body hiring? also anybody got a peice of floor/couch/yard i can put a tent in? things dont turn soon down here im coming home( i know george has a little grin on his face) business here is failing miserably and have sold all my toys to keep the bills paid, i sit and fight with my parents all day. the only good is 11days without a smoke now anybody have family in orlando let me know ill get over to do anything they need done in the yard, i might be able to get a job back at dodge again, atleast back up there i have a net work of friends here i got 2 parents i cant talk to and a good neighbor, but they got a young family, frown.gif

View Postanu body hiring? also anybody got a peice of floor/couch/yard i can put a tent in? things dont turn soon down here im coming home( i know george has a little grin on his face) business here is failing miserably and have sold all my toys to keep the bills paid, i sit and fight with my parents all day. the only good is 11days without a smoke now anybody have family in orlando let me know ill get over to do anything they need done in the yard, i might be able to get a job back at dodge again, atleast back up there i have a net work of friends here i got 2 parents i cant talk to and a good neighbor, but they got a young family, frown.gif

They say the economy has turned the corner but still sux work wise here also. (reason I'm home again). Network and get yourself a job before coming back or you'll just be dead in the water here . Quiting smoking is a horrible experience all nerve endings are exposed . I broke a 3 pack a day habit and quit drinking at the same time cold turkey some 20 + yrs. ago . Looking back at my life quitting smoking is the best thing I ever did for myself . Hang in there . Your very edgy now ..Don't argue with your parents ..Let it slide off your back . Not easy I know .. I'll keep my ears peeled for you .. You still got your tools ?

View PostThey say the economy has turned the corner but still sux work wise here also. (reason I'm home again). Network and get yourself a job before coming back or you'll just be dead in the water here . Quiting smoking is a horrible experience all nerve endings are exposed . I broke a 3 pack a day habit and quit drinking at the same time cold turkey some 20 + yrs. ago . Looking back at my life quitting smoking is the best thing I ever did for myself . Hang in there . Your very edgy now ..Don't argue with your parents ..Let it slide off your back . Not easy I know .. I'll keep my ears peeled for you .. You still got your tools ?

nope tools are gone i made too many mistakes i probably should have never came down here but was all gun ho about getting the financial help to restart my life, i got rid of everything that i ever worked for to keep this business from failing, i have almost no fishing stuff left, sold all my tools, snow boards, furniture and everything else i could, i cant find a job here at all to try to hold be over at all either one way or another ill get threw this wether its here doing this or back up north,

Sorry to hear about your job troubles Derek. We have no more overtime here which kind of stinks especilly in the winter not much going, it's a good time to try and make a little extra cash, oh well. All I've been doing is stuffing the wood stove and just started doing a new set of plugs for this spring. Hopefully I will get a load of log length wood for next year that I can start working on while it's still cold out. Want to get a good jump on it so I don't have to do it during fishing season.

Just found out I have range quals the first week of Jun, not good got to work on that, plan on being down there then.

scott im thinking that if i read the tide chart right you may want to be there a little earlier in the year, many things may help the fish that time of year i dont think it happens to be just about the day, thinking moons, tides ect