Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ESyakr

Abo Record 60. Can it be made HC?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Yeah, I figured if the 6500 spool would fit the 60, and HC spool would as well. I can get a Record 60 for really cheap, and wanted to be sure a HC size spool would fit. Thanks.

View PostYeah, I figured if the 6500 spool would fit the 60, and HC spool would as well. I can get a Record 60 for really cheap, and wanted to be sure a HC size spool would fit. Thanks.

I would think so, but what is the difference in the spools? Is the HC spool just thinner in the center so it can hold more string? I would have to see the 2 reels side by side.

Thats the problem, I cant compare the regular 60 and the 60HC side by side. I dont know if the 60HC is a totally different reel, or if the only difference from the regular 60 is the spool.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

If you can't compare reels side by side, compare the schematics side by side. Easy as pie. Looks like the same reel w/ different spools and handles

^^ THANK YOU!highfive.gif

I was trying to compare spool sizes, but I couldnt find the part numbers for the 60 and HC60. I never thought of comparing the frames, and from your schematic, they are the same frame. Thanks, I appreciate it.

View Post^^ THANK YOU!highfive.gif

I was trying to compare spool sizes, but I couldnt find the part numbers for the 60 and HC60. I never thought of comparing the frames, and from your schematic, they are the same frame. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Looks ok to swap out. Can't believe the 60 is just a wiffle spoolheadscratch.gif

View PostLooks ok to swap out. Can't believe the 60 is just a wiffle spoolheadscratch.gif

yeah, it dosnt make much since to have a reel as heavy and wide as a 6500 but only hold 145/14, thats like a 4500-5000 sizeconfused.gif Anyway, Im glad they can be swapped out. Thanks everyone for the info.

Hello, I am new here and I would like to thank everyone for all the good information that I have learned here. I swapped the spools from a 6501 c4 with a Record 61 and it worked good. One thing though the Record axle is a larger diameter on the handle side and necks down again. The bore diameter for the pinion is larger on the Record. Thanks again for all the information

View Posthow bout the record 40 with a wiffle. Fishin for sunnys with a bobber maybe??headscratch.gif

Sorry, I didn't see this. Are you talking about using a stock record 40 for sunnies?