Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John M

Books to add to the list Tim.....

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Mitchell's Flyrodding the Coast has a great section on reading beaches and other coastal features. And I will 2nd Karra's Striped Bass as a very good unicorn reference.

I'll second Flyrodding the Coast, absolutely the most info for the page there is.

"The Cast," Jaroworski & Kreh, is the best thing I've seen on flycasting. It's also a darkroom geek's delight; the careful developement of the b&w photos with which the book is illustrated give them the clarity of good line drawings. George Roberts' "SaltWater Fly Casting" is the best video I've seen on the subject.

Kara's book is good as a reference, but not a great read. I would add Reading the Water, and Tewnty Years on the Cape. Both are limited print and I know some don't like Frank D., but they're a good read. A good one is Stripers, an anthology by Waldman. Some good stories. Another great book is Outdoors- a collection of Nelson Bryant's NY Times columns (only a few surf casting stories). It's out of print, but some copies are floating around.

If any of you would like, put together a little review of any book on topic that you've felt worthy of mention, send it to me at suggestions@stripersonline.com and I will put the book there, w/ your recommendation and your reveiw. JohnM, we'll have to charge you for editing the reveiw, but it won't be much, we're getting pretty good w/ the interpreter that we hired...seems your writing style has somewhat of an ancient Sanskrit lean to it wink.gif

I'll second richs on Flyrodding the Coast, excellent reference, difficult read. While the info is quality, it was not put together in any coherent manner that makes it readable. Maybe it's just me, king of the short attention span theatre, but I find myself thumbing through this book far more than reading it in a page by page fashion. Excellent book, will indeed put it up there.

Thanks guys, it's input like this that helps us keep things moving forward for you!

TimS