Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drumdum

It ain't over till it's over....

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

My son and I went to ramp 55 yesterday...Every other cast it was game on... biggrin.gif And you talking about pulling?? These guys on speck tackle will give you a run for the money!! All were on jigs,saw one speck about 3 or so lbs landed as well... Simular action at ramp 23 as well as Frisco Pier..

Here's a pic of the crowd with a fish on..

pups001.jpg

A pic of more folks.. Wasn't that crowded,maybe 20 folks,all hooking up..

pups002.jpg

Tater was having a problem with keepin them hooked up at first,but he got the hang of it pretty quick... Just put the heat on em from the start..

pups003.jpg

Tater holding supper....

pups004.jpg

That is pretty interesting. Normally in the winter there are a couple of schools about a mile away. They range in size of 1,000 reds to 5,000 but due to the cold they have moved 15-30 miles south. I wonder if those reds you caught came out of the Chesapeake.

View PostThat is pretty interesting. Normally in the winter there are a couple of schools about a mile away. They range in size of 1,000 reds to 5,000 but due to the cold they have moved 15-30 miles south. I wonder if those reds you caught came out of the Chesapeake.

Imho,they came out of the Pamlico,because the temps in there are even colder than the ocean.. There were MANY back there over the past couple of yrs. I do know this,they were aggressive... Even the trout I saw was hooked in the mouth.. I heard yesterday they were catching big trout,but they were snagged.. The ones at 23 might WELL BE some from the Cheasapeake,although I would think those there at the inlet came from the Pamlico...jmho and just a theory....

View Posthey drumdum y'all catchin them still on trout jigs?

Yeap,and got word they caught two stripers in the mix.... Heard they flat out went off at around 1 or so today,just north of the pier.. Some folks told me you could see the school from the beach.... Also,one guy went to New Inlet and crossed over the dune there at Pea Island,said he caught 40,not another soul on the beach with him....

I lust Got back from Hatteras. The bite was on for sure. there where some hot spots with crowds. like the frisco pier. I saw some other holes with fish 1 or 2 guys wearing them out and didn't bother to get out and claim jump. They where hard to see, if the sun was right trained eye could pick out the dark area. I think the cold water chased them out of the sound and they where hiding in the holes close to the beach from the dolphins. lol you could pull your rig right through the school several times with no hit but you would hook up sooner or later. Great time everyone had fun no none got bent out of shape from crossing lines. It happens and everyone was cool about it and had fun. I cut my line twice and retied just cause I knew it would be quicker than unknoting the mess. lol

Been hearing about this drum bite for a few days now... I'm finally packed up an gonna be hittin it in the morning. Before I do just that... Has it been like a spur of the moment kinda thing or have they pretty much been biting throughout the day?