Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim B

Ken Lockwood Gorge or Muscenetcong?

11 posts in this topic

Since we have moderating temps, I'm planning a trout trip next week end. I've never fished Ken Lockwood Gorge but I usually do about 6 trips to the Musky over the winter. If you only had one winter's day to spend, where would you spend it?

Your a trooper, because it was mighty darn cold. How is the parking and how crowded would it be if it were 50 and sunny? The upside of the Musky is that there is lots of water to fish. I know that Ken Lockwood is about 2.6 miles long.

According to Shannon's Fly Shop website( a great source for Gorge information, by the way), the road is closed. So only the lots at either end are open. Is that still true?

Best regards,

Irv

View PostYour a trooper, because it was mighty darn cold. How is the parking and how crowded would it be if it were 50 and sunny? The upside of the Musky is that there is lots of water to fish. I know that Ken Lockwood is about 2.6 miles long.

yeah lol it was a little chilly out there but it wasnt that bad you dress warm. Yeah the road is closed and there isn't that much parking, and i love the musky as well but the gorge is easier to get to for me.

View PostAccording to Shannon's Fly Shop website( a great source for Gorge information, by the way), the road is closed. So only the lots at either end are open. Is that still true?

Best regards,

Irv

yeah, thats what i ment to say in my above post

View PostAccording to Shannons, the road is closed for the winter. Which lot is better to park in, as far as walking to fishable water?

i like the coming in from the highbridge side always has been more productive for me.