Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duke925

Bluefish Story

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I do a lot of Boat / Backwater fishing in New Jersey. So One day I'm fishing a spot and this fish blowed up on my small "Smack It" popper. Fishing light line as usual this takes some time to get the fish in. OH S......t dam bluefish. I "Boga" him up and into the boat and I look..... ???? what is sticking out of his head, my hooks aren't that big! The fish was about 12lbs. I look even more and I say to myself. This guy was hungry. He got a 5/0 hook through his skull and he wasn't slowing down. Couple photo's and he was released.

Pictures attached for our viewing pleasure.

Good to see you took the hook outclapping.gif I caught a striper this year with the leader&hook still attched, about 4' of it. I was able to reach down and cut the leader but the hook was a little too far down to try. At least when It was released it did'nt have all that line trailing behind it. Maybe it was a Punk rock Blue with some body peircings

View PostGood to see you took the hook outclapping.gif I caught a striper this year with the leader&hook still attched, about 4' of it. I was able to reach down and cut the leader but the hook was a little too far down to try. At least when It was released it did'nt have all that line trailing behind it. Maybe it was a Punk rock Blue with some body peircings

I saw something about that once. I forget who it was, but they said the fish has an easier time dislodging a hook if there is some line attached rather than if the line is clipped close to the hook. Wish I could remember who it was that advocated that. headscratch.gif