Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

Playoff Defense

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Defense wins championships.

Steve Young, said that this year, maybe an offense would prove that wrong.

I doubt it.

Its a great thing. It makes a team like the Jets a danger to face and if the Jets do play in San Diego, they will win. The Jets will be in the AFC championship. It's unbelievable.

I don't know how you can crow about a defense that lets a guy run for almost 170 yards on it, averaging 8 yards a touch.

Revis took oh-no-stinko out of the game---true--but Carson missed a bunch of open receivers. He had time to throw on a lot of plays and flat-out sucked. I was honestly more impressed with the Jets exceptional play calling, and the Dallas defense.

View PostI don't know how you can crow about a defense that lets a guy run for almost 170 yards on it, averaging 8 yards a touch.

Revis took oh-no-stinko out of the game---true--but Carson missed a bunch of open receivers. He had time to throw on a lot of plays and flat-out sucked. I was honestly more impressed with the Jets exceptional play calling, and the Dallas defense.

Is the glass half empty or half full? biggrin.gif

I watched that game for 4 quarters. If the Jets dense was sub par, they do not win that game.

View PostIs the glass half empty or half full? biggrin.gif

I watched that game for 4 quarters. If the Jets dense was sub par, they do not win that game.

I did too--and what I saw was a QB who had open receivers and was consistently high on his throws.

And apparently, the Bengals' playbook doesn't include throwing to the tight end or a running back headscratch.gif

View PostI did too--and what I saw was a QB who had open receivers and was consistently high on his throws.

And apparently, the Bengals' playbook doesn't include throwing to the tight end or a running back headscratch.gif

If you know more then Bob Bratkowski....

109291_feature.jpg

I am not on the same caliber of football talk as you.

View PostI did too--and what I saw was a QB who had open receivers and was consistently high on his throws.

That is because you were not looking at one of the primary reasons for the high and wide - there was no separation all day - not to mention Palmer was under pressure.

if it had not been for the defense, the Jets would not have had the luxury of calling a very conservative game - which was to not let Sanchez lose the game more than winning the game.