Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pierfisherman

Why not dress nicely?

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

Please explain to me why I am the only weirdo that wares a blazer or suit every day of the week? It is not uncomfortable, in any way. And frankly I think waring cashmere is better in the winter then anything else. And people treat you(or at least they do me) you better.

when I was a kid, my uncles always had on suits and ties and they never left the house without a hat. nowadays, most companies don't even require their employees to wear a tie, business casual is the norm. At my current job, we had to wear a tie every day til they went business casual. I hated wearing a tie, wasn't very comfortable to me at all. I'd prefer to go to work in jeans and a t-shirt but that ain't happening. cwm27.gif

if i could afford a different suit for everyday for 2 weeks (gatta switch it up), then id wear 'em..

but for now ill stick to jeans, T-shirt, and a sweater. when im off duty.

View Postif i could afford a different suit for everyday for 2 weeks (gatta switch it up), then id wear 'em..

but for now ill stick to jeans, T-shirt, and a sweater. when im off duty.

you really don't need that many suits

it's all about the shirts and ties

I'm a construction worker, Jacket and or hoodie/flannel @ work

A blazer to me, should have rod holders and be driven on the beach .

I'm a simple man not many frills in my attire but I do match my shirts to my Flannels tongue.gif

Slacks and button down for me, still very presentable and professional, contemporary and comfortable. People see a suit nowadays and they think you're looking for work.

View PostPlease explain to me why I am the only weirdo that wares a blazer or suit every day of the week? It is not uncomfortable, in any way. And frankly I think waring cashmere is better in the winter then anything else. And people treat you(or at least they do me) you better.

Did you grow up watching 50s TV shows, where Ward Cleaver and whoever Robert Young played in Father Knows Best sat in an easy chair, reading the paper in a suit and tie, on Saturday mornings? confused.gif

If your better half wears a dress, heels, and a string of pearls around her neck in the kitchen, then I would say that explains it biggrin.gif

View PostPlease explain to me why I am the only weirdo that wares a blazer or suit every day of the week? It is not uncomfortable, in any way. And frankly I think waring cashmere is better in the winter then anything else. And people treat you(or at least they do me) you better.

Have you been in an airport lately?cwm27.gif