Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Ravens - Pats

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

Ok, what are your thoughts??? In my opinion, it soley depends on whether Brady and the offense stays within the plan or tries to overcompensate for Welker's loss and gets 'Moss happy'....Ravens will score some points because they run ok and the Pats D is one level higher than pure 'suckage'....but Balt is not a high octane offense, so the number of points scored by Balt should stay somewhat managable so that if the Pats offense is running with reasonable success, they should win.

I really think this is a bad matchup for the Pats. I think Ray Rice will run wild all day and the Ravens will win rather easily. The pats have given up a ton of yardage the last few weeks and I look for that to continue. Ravens 28-17.

View PostI really think this is a bad matchup for the Pats. I think Ray Rice will run wild all day and the Ravens will win rather easily. The pats have given up a ton of yardage the last few weeks and I look for that to continue. Ravens 28-17.

Yeah, I don't like their run defense...Pats O has to step up, which they haven't done lately, but I think they're capable of doing.

I think you'll probably see them go back to their old style offense. Lot's of short passes utilize the tight ends and screen passes w/ Faulk. Watch for an early deep pass to Moss to spread out the Ravens D and then 10 to 15 yard passes mixed with a ball control running game. Pats win by a touchdown+.

I agree too. This is a bad match up for the Pats. If the Ravens are consistent for 4 quarters of football they will win this game. If the Patriots fall behind after the 1st half, the Ravens will win this game.

I'm just worried about the Pats secondary giving up those big passing gains on 2nd and 8. It's been that way all year. Flacco is not Manning or Rivers but he is no Henne or Fitzpatrick.

The Ravens can run the ball and they have defense....ala JETS.

The one thing that worries me is that when they played earlier this season, if you didn't know the score and just watched the performance of each team, you'd thought that the Pats completely dominated...yet they had to wait until a Balt receiver dropped a perfect pass while being wide open deep in NE terrritory before the game was secured...

Chris Carter on NFL Countdown when discussing his point of view that Balt should actually throw the ball against NE...'Check it out homie'cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

(he was referring to past games when Miami threw 50 times and in the earlier Balt/New England game and how those teams either beat NE or gave themselves a good chance to win)

a week ago I would have said Pats in a close one, but the Welker injury has me going Ravens. I know its one guy, but his loss screws up so many things up, and a week isnt enough time to figure things out.

1 Play 83 yards..touchdown Ravens. man

Even with Welker in the game, I would still feel the same about the Patriots...it's the ****ing defense. mad.gif

View PostChris Carter on NFL Countdown when discussing his point of view that Balt should actually throw the ball against NE...'Check it out homie'cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

(he was referring to past games when Miami threw 50 times and in the earlier Balt/New England game and how those teams either beat NE or gave themselves a good chance to win)

carter was right shakehead.gif