Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tiderun712

Cts Surf

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I"ve been searching SOL for days now and can't wind much on this a as a finished rod or the blank I'm looking for info on the 11'6" rated 1 to 3 oz can anyone tell me what the sweeet spot is? It will be built for fishing the Jersey Shore with the low riders and a long spool spinning reel.I have read that the tip is a little stiff which I'd think would be better since I want to also throw bucktails with it in the 3/4 to 1-1/2oz range, anyone know the low end range of this blank . Most of the stuff I throw is in the 2 to 2-1/2 oz range. If someone has a review or any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys: Mike

moved to Rod Building forum

The 11'6" will flat out smoke the weight ranges your talking about. AND will throw a 4 ounce D-Mag pencil popper with ease.

This IMO is the finest surf rod in its class for the Jersey shore. The blank is very versitle and handles fish very well. I am building several for myself and others right now. You will many many more of these rods on the beach once people get their hands on them and cast them.

When built with Titanimum low riders they are light as a feather. With standard low riders about .4 ounces heavier. I would go with the X-Flock shrink tube and enjoooooooooooooy. You will not be disoppionted......

I'm hopping to get my hands on both the CTS an Zziplex at one of the shows this off season So far I played with the St.Croix Legend LSS 106 MM2 rated 3/4 to 4oz I love the versatility of this rod and it has a lifetime warranty I don't mind paying more $$ for a custom build,but so far I have not found anything that comes close to the 1 rod to have when you can only take 1 rod with you

View PostI'm hopping to get my hands on both the CTS an Zziplex at one of the shows this off season So far I played with the St.Croix Legend LSS 106 MM2 rated 3/4 to 4oz I love the versatility of this rod and it has a lifetime warranty I don't mind paying more $$ for a custom build,but so far I have not found anything that comes close to the 1 rod to have when you can only take 1 rod with you

Why do you think this is not the rod?

View PostThe 11'6" will flat out smoke the weight ranges your talking about. AND will throw a 4 ounce D-Mag pencil popper with ease.

This IMO is the finest surf rod in its class for the Jersey shore. The blank is very versitle and handles fish very well. I am building several for myself and others right now. You will many many more of these rods on the beach once people get their hands on them and cast them.

When built with Titanimum low riders they are light as a feather. With standard low riders about .4 ounces heavier. I would go with the X-Flock shrink tube and enjoooooooooooooy. You will not be disoppionted......

all day and then some,biggrin.gif,that is a bad stick,, ,,i own it and the next 3 up alsosmile.gif

I just bought a 12' CTS blank today cant wait to build it .Here is rh Custom Rods number 609-705-8500.Im sure they would be glad to fill you in.They are real nice guys to talk to.