Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Anyone down in Wareham personally know...

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Bourne Police have impounded suspected SUV involved in that hit and run. Young female from Plymouth who works at the Mezza Luna who owns that vehicle has paid a visited to BPD with her attorney a few days ago.... refused to answer questions.....returned home.

Stay tuned for further deveopments, which I suspect will occur very shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe G
View Post

Bourne Police have impounded suspected SUV involved in that hit and run..........
Stay tuned for further deveopments, which I suspect will occur very shortly.

I thought this unfortunate incident might have been resolved by now, but according to todays CCT news it took an unusual turn, in that on Wednesday BPD released said vehicle to its owner.

No coment from the Registry or BPD.

Unless I'm miss reading this, I suspect the authorities determined the vehicle in question was not involved in the hit and run.

No witnesses + no admissions from her = no case.

Even if they found human tissue in the damaged area, without someone placing a driver behind the wheel, they can't charge anyone.

Even if there are no other fingerprints in the vehicle but hers, it's New Year's Eve--the driver could have been wearing gloves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditch Jigger
View Post

Even if they found human tissue in the damaged area, without someone placing a driver behind the wheel, they can't charge anyone.

And yet if the vehicle in question had run a red light camera there's no legal problem issuing the registered owner a citation. shakehead.gif

I know the stakes are much higher with the hit and run, but I would think if they could prove the vehicle was definitely the one involved in the crash they could come up with something to charge her with. headscratch.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditch Jigger
View Post

No witnesses + no admissions from her = no case.

Even if there are no other fingerprints in the vehicle but hers, it's New Year's Eve--the driver could have been wearing gloves.

Now that is really interesting. headscratch.gif

It seem to me this must happen quite frequently, no? That is, someone hitting something or someone, no witness around or a witness who can't identity the driver, the driver goes homes and later lawyers up. Problem is I've never heard of such a thing.

How do the police approach these cases? Wait it out till the guilty finally confesses 'cause they can't sleep at night?

The police must have a plan to solve this case wouldn't you think?

I would be willing to bet that the investigation continues...I would even venture that the family of the victim may even hire themselves a private investigator to look into this if they feel that the police are not pursuing the matter as diligently as they possibly could be...just a guess though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles Dare
View Post

And yet if the vehicle in question had run a red light camera there's no legal problem issuing the registered owner a citation. shakehead.gif

I know the stakes are much higher with the hit and run, but I would think if they could prove the vehicle was definitely the one involved in the crash they could come up with something to charge her with. headscratch.gif

That's because running a red light is a civil infraction, not a criminal offense. Absent proof that she was driving the vehicle, they can't charge her with a blessed thing--not even operating unregistered and uninsured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe G
View Post

Now that is really interesting. headscratch.gif

It seem to me this must happen quite frequently, no? That is, someone hitting something or someone, no witness around or a witness who can't identity the driver, the driver goes homes and later lawyers up. Problem is I've never heard of such a thing.

How do the police approach these cases? Wait it out till the guilty finally confesses 'cause they can't sleep at night?

The police must have a plan to solve this case wouldn't you think?

I would guess that the plan is to hope a witness shows up who can ID who was behind the wheel, because unless one does, they don't have a case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob_G
View Post

The other story I heard was, the autospy revealed the victim died of hypothermia.cwm15.gif

If that's true, the only reason that happened is because the driver left the kid for dead . You leave someone for dead that's murder in my mind .. no ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagger
View Post

If that's true, the only reason that happened is because the driver left the kid for dead . You leave someone for dead that's murder in my mind .. no ?

From what I understand (but hoping ditch or someone could clarify), this is because the perpetrator created the conditions for the death to occur????